Full flexibility to travel and work away
The Chief Architect role sits with the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice – this practice is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services. It provides a variety of client services, which range from strategic advisory right through to project delivery. It is undergoing significant growth due to an ever increasing client demand, and so is looking to further bolster the practice by recruiting experienced Chief Architects.
The purpose of the role is wide-ranging; to provide clients strategic IT advisory across all aspects of their infrastructure & application portfolio as well as assisting in the shaping of their Cloud strategy. As such, the successful applicants will have a wealth of exposure in transformational initiatives that exploit public cloud services and be capable of engaging senior client executives within Architecture and IT operations to shape client projects leveraging Cloud as well as other Capgemini offerings.
Additionally, the Chief Architect will be the focal point for all strategic technical aspects relating to the client account or engagement and will be the lead into the wider parts of Capgemini to drive overall growth. The role will also play an active part in account planning, while owning their own strategic and tactical client relationships. The successful individual will be measured on key account metrics and client feedback.
Working with the client account executive team, the Chief Architect will play an important role in achieving the account’s growth plan, developing and driving technology roadmaps and innovation within the client.
The Chief Architect is a key role to enable our customer’s journey to leverage next generation capabilities such as Cloud & DevOps as well as develop a hybrid cloud / bimodal operating model.
The Chief Architect will be skilled across the full lifecycle from business development, innovation, successful selling, solutions scoping and shaping, through to project delivery and run. A significant amount of IT experience, extensive technical understanding, strong consulting, stakeholder management and leadership skills are essential.
In this role, the Chief Architect engages closely with clients, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative, competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients leveraging a wealth of previous experience in deploying cloud solutions.
Candidates expected to have a strong enterprise architecture background complemented with requisite technical knowledge & expertise. The ideal candidate would have previously been a senior IT leader in a large technology consulting firm, Systems Integrator or within an internal IT organisation.
- Exceptional client executive engagement experience and presentation skills at CIO, CTO and Technical Director levels
- Very strong presentation skills, with excellent communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Able to lead workshops and meetings to elicit requirements and develop client solutions
- Extensive experience of delivering transformation
- Strong Enterprise Architecture experience including, Infrastructure, Applications, Data and Business domains
- Strong knowledge of Public cloud solutions; AWS, Azure or Google platform features and capabilities
- Experience of driving Multi-Cloud strategy, IaaS, PaaS and Container technologies
- Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practice
- Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models
- Business and technology solution design, development, delivery and run.
- Large-scale systems transformation, design and implementation.
- Strategically oriented, but able to lead all aspects of technical delivery.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.