Category Manager – Services Acquisition
Home based with occasional travel into London, Holborn
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.
Who you’ll be working with
Working in the global procurement team with a focus on the UK Capgemini business, this exciting role sits across all business units across the UK, reporting into the head of external resource and services procurement. The team manage the vast majority of non-IT spend across the UK supporting UK management but report completely globally in structure. This role will be working extensively across the business, supporting client bids and complex commercial negotiations between several parties at a time. Procurement operate at a high profile level in the business and the main stakeholders will be Directors and above.
The focus of your role
The role will focus on leading complex bids, and the management and procurement of all SOW sub-contracting services and Professional Services. The role will work closely with a number of key stakeholders including HR, delivery and bid teams to ensure that the correct processes are followed with the aim of delivering the best possible outcomes balancing quality and cost.
This role manages circa £100M in spend across a large supplier base. This is a complex and fast paced role, that will be incredibly rewarding for the right person!
What you’ll do
- Working across senior stakeholders to understand needs and develop a range of category strategies to drive innovation and value for Capgemini.
- Ensuring all high value procurement is managed strategically from RFx utilisation and make vs buy decisions to supplier management and optimisation.
- Lead and manage all SOW subcontracting requirements using Fieldglass by understanding demand, skillset requirements and changes in industry to advise the business on the best outcome.
- Support the implementation of SOW subcontracting management across other Europe and wider as required
- Working to support delivery and the business on complex bid work, helping to win and maintain business, drive value and mitigate risk.
- Develop a clear and regular pattern of supplier relationship management to drive day to day business efficiency and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure clear and fit for purpose supply chains, through section and rationalisation.
- Ensure the business understand the value you and the procurement function bring by being a true specialist in your category.
What you’ll bring
- Strong experience in bid support and consultancy/sub-contracting management. Professional Services experience nice to have.
- Strong experience and understanding of Statement of Work deliverable-based procurement.
- Strong stakeholder management and negotiating skills
- Solid background in large complex matrix multi-national companies.
- Preferred working in a past paced service sector B2B business
- Motivation, ambition and drive
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.