Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the premier technology consulting organisations in the UK. Within the Packaged Based Solutions practice, which covers the traditional enterprise giants including SAP and Oracle as well as more specific ones such as various PLM solutions, and Maximo; we regularly push the boundaries of what enterprise technology can do to underpin some of the most complex and interesting digital business transformation programmes underway at the moment.
The focus of your role
New technologies and platforms are driving a significant change in the market both from a customer and from a consultancy perspective. These changes provide a significant opportunity for Capgemini UK to engage with our clients to help them take advantage of these new technologies to create more agile and cost-effective platforms to underpin their enterprise applications.
Many organisations are struggling to understand where they should head next, how, the major risks and their mitigations and finally whether the investment can be justified. In our world, the existing enterprise footprint many of our customers already own is a key consideration in their decision making and must be properly taken into account during strategic planning. You will be responsible for helping our clients create and justify the strategies that utilise ERP technology to help them transform the way they do business.
What you’ll do
- Shape and lead the creation of IT Business Cases and engage with C-Level Executives to convince them of the business merits of a migration to new package technologies
- Bring previous experience of business cases based on packages and proven tools and models to bear
- Generate a series of client business cases across the scope of our market sectors. You need to demonstrate the ability to define or critique business benefit cases including revenue upside, capital savings, cost reduction or cash flow improvements.
- Industrialise your business case approach for Package Based Solutions
- Shape and deliver specific externally facing programme assurances engagements. This could be one-off reviews, regularly weekly involvement or milestone based reviews, and will be delivered for commercial value to Capgemini, and to provide value-added advice to the client.
- Act as a programme director or senior engagement manager on large-scale client-facing package implementation programmes. Such a role will be full-time for a significant period of time. During this time, you would be expected to support sales and development activity with the QA and Assurance Services
- Contribute to pre-sales teams who are shaping a proposition to deliver a large-scale programme
- Being able to support innovation initiatives across a number of industries – including Consumer Packages, Retail, Manufacturing and/or Utilities. This will involve identifying, articulating and demonstrating how new technology can be applied within that sector and more specifically for that company and how the requirements and restrictions associated with each type of innovation for each industry area can be tackled.
- If called upon, deliver programme assurance assignments for clients adding value to both Capgemini and their organisations
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrable expertise in creating the business cases to support strategic initiatives. Within this area candidates will have:
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Proven experience of having worked with, and developed, business cost benefit models in the past, that can be brought to bear for Capgemini
- Leadership skills
- Facilitative and consulting skills, sufficient to challenge clients’ assumptions to generate positive outcomes
- Business analysis skills twinned with the ability to build benefits dependency networks to show how KPIs can be identified and tracked across the business processes of value to an organisation.
- Experience across the private and public sector including the various UK Government benefits dependency frameworks.
- The ability to shape a compelling narrative, both written and verbal, drawing upon a wide and deep variety of source material, and have the confidence, gravitas and authority to communicate this to very senior stakeholders who may not be receptive to your difficult messages. This includes presentational skills, including ability to structure a powerpoint narrative that holds senior audience’s attention, and to structure and design individual slides
- Excellent senior stakeholder management.
- Demonstrable expertise in Programme and Project delivery – especially global delivery of Enterprise Technologies, such as SAP, Oracle, PLM solutions and Cloud based SaaS Solutions across a number of industry verticals. The ability to structure and estimate complex work packages is also vital.
- The experience and ability to lead large-scale Capgemini package-based programmes for clients. This will include the necessary leadership, managerial, organisational, negotiating and business skills.
- Experience in leading packages in the ERP sectors
- Demonstrable experience of a wider interest in innovation technologies and how they can be used to support Capgemini’s business development agenda.
- Understanding and demonstrable expertise of leading and supporting all phases of the sales process – from pre-sales through to the handover to a delivery team following a win.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs