Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini is one of the premier technology consulting organisations in the UK. Within the Packaged Software division, which covers the traditional enterprise giants including SAP and Oracle; we regularly push the boundaries of what enterprise technology can do to underpin some of the most complex and interesting digital business transformation programmes underway at the moment.
The focus of your role
New technologies and platforms are driving a significant change in the market both from a customer and from a consultancy perspective. These changes provide a significant opportunity for Capgemini UK to engage with our clients to help them take advantage of these new technologies to create more agile and cost-effective platforms to underpin their enterprise applications.
Many organisations are struggling to understand where they should head next, how, the major risks and their mitigations and finally whether the investment can be justified. In our world, the existing enterprise footprint many of our customers already own is a key consideration in their decision making and must be properly taken into account during strategic planning. You will be responsible for helping our clients evaluate their current IT assets (particularly the package software) and design the most appropriate roadmap that can derive the most value from the new software at the minimum levels of risk and cost.
This means you will be shaping propositions for clients to either review their existing business cases and programme roadmaps or to engage with them to create these. You will then lead the delivery of such pieces of work generating value to both the client and to Capgemini.
In other words, Capgemini is looking for senior candidates who are prepared to both shape and lead small high-value consulting pieces and to direct larger engagements.
What you’ll do
- Shape and lead the creation of IT Business Cases and engage with C-Level Executives to convince them of the business merits of a migration to new Technologies
- Bring previous experience of IT architecture in a business context and proven tools and models to bear
- Generate a series of client architecture studies across the scope of our market sectors. The individual needs to demonstrate the ability to define or critique architecture studies and roadmaps including overcoming the challenges of the current architecture, risk mitigation, established practice in the market sector and long-term future-proofing
- Shape and deliver externally facing programme assurance work. This could be one-off reviews, regularly weekly involvement or milestone based reviews, and will be delivered for commercial value to Capgemini, and to provide value-added advice to the client
- Act as a programme director or senior engagement manager on large-scale client-facing package implementation programmes. Such a role will be full-time for a significant period of time. During this time, you would be expected to support sales and development activity with the QA and Assurance Services
- Deliver programme assurance assignments for clients adding value to both Capgemini and their organisations
- Lead the definition of the roadmaps, programmes and project that underpin the transformations our clients are undertaking. Play a lead part in Capgemini’s business development activities for the Packages Advisory team and the wider packages organisation
- Contribute to pre-sales teams who are shaping a proposition to deliver a large-scale programme
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrable expertise in Programme and Project delivery – especially global delivery of Enterprise Technologies, such as SAP, Oracle and Cloud based SaaS Solutions across a number of industry verticals. The ability to structure and estimate complex work packages is also vital.
- Demonstrable expertise in creating package-based IT roadmaps. Within this area, candidates will have:
- Numerical and analytical skills
- IT architecture skills with familiarisation with leading architecture models such as TOGAF)
- Business analysis skills twinned with the ability to build package roadmaps that will deliver clear business benefits to an organisation.
- Experience across the private and public sector including the various UK Government benefits dependency frameworks
- Understanding and demonstrable expertise of leading and supporting all phases of the sales process – from pre-sales through to the handover to a delivery team following a win
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London.
If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs