London base location with travel
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting clients on their major transformation programmes, from the creation of innovative strategies, to their design and execution. With the new digital economy creating significant disruption, our global team of over 3,600 consultants work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
Financial Services is Capgemini’s largest sector, representing roughly a quarter of Group revenues in 2015. Globally, Capgemini has over 30,000 professionals dedicated to our Financial Services clients which include two thirds of the world’s largest insurance companies and over half of the world’s largest banks. Financial Services is Capgemini Consulting’s fastest growing market in the UK, driven by our clients’ responses to the digital revolution, to regulatory pressures, to efficiency concerns and the need to overhaul legacy technology platforms.
Main Purpose Of Role
The focus of your role
Your role will be to engage with our Banking clients to help propose solutions and deliver benefits through the full range of their regulatory, revenue generation and simplification programmes, in pure business change, digital and systems integration. Through enabling them to succeed you will help us maintain our position as the market leader in Digital Transformation consulting.
In particular you’ll be expected analyse the client’s issues, propose a range of potential solutions, help them select a solution which you may then help design, build and implement, leveraging our digital expertise and knowledge of the latest generation banking and insurance technologies.
What you’ll do
Dependent on your prior experience and skills, Capgemini will invest in your development to enable you to:-
• work as part of a team to understand and document project scope and objectives, facilitate workshops to define and prioritise requirements, agree outcomes and programme risks
• document business requirements and help develop the business cases to support the proposed solution options
• create As-Is and To-Be process maps and assess people and customer impacts
• support the development of workstream or project plans
• lead a workstream through to implementation
• further advance your business analyst/consulting skills including client stakeholder relationship development.
Our Business Analysts and Consultants are at the heart of our delivery teams enabling clients to successfully transform. They develop new skills and rapidly build experience of the clients and industries we support. They often bring new ideas and help drive our digital innovation agenda.
What you’ll bring
Ideally you will have an analytical mind and are able to clearly communicate with all levels in an organisation. You should have worked in the banking sector and you will be knowledgeable of the trends and challenges affecting the UK Financial Services market. Prior consulting experience and/or familiarity with some of the relevant supporting technologies would be of benefit.
We maintain increasingly high standards for our business analysts and consultants and in all cases require candidates with:
• Proven intellectual strength. You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent
• Excellent presentation and articulation skills. You’ll demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions.
Specifically, we’re looking for candidates whose experience best matches the following:
• Experience of project management methodologies – Prince, PMP, Agile or other waterfall and non-traditional systems
• Experience of developing and delivering solutions in a banking environment
• Knowledge of current & emerging banking business models across large and small banks
• Understanding of how banking technology platforms support the operating model
• Strategic thinking: ability to shape and solve problems using a fact-based approach to drive out insight
• Financial Services market: either as an analyst/consultant or in a line role for a bank
• The development and implementation of operating models and/or process redesign projects
• The application of relevant tools and techniques: such as strategic and/or detailed operating model design, customer journey mapping, process mapping, Lean techniques, business architecture, organisation design, organisation sizing, governance, role design, the development of business cases etc.
Why join us? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe that the following make this a great place to work:
• Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate
• Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment
• Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be
• Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality
• Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact
• Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/