The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you
As a Business Analyst, you work as part of an Agile Scrum Team, having responsibility for understanding user needs, working closely with our business partners, translating problems or requirements into user stories and defining acceptance criteria. Business Analysts are highly customer focused and are responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, supporting their scrum teams to achieve team goals. Analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills are core to effective business analysis.
- contributes to scrum team activities to ensure delivery of team goals
- responsible for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships
- lead in producing user stories and acceptance criteria
- supports effective business analysis through analytical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- contribute to sprint planning sessions, daily stand ups and retrospectives
- lead, contribute and support use research activities
- Knowledge of requirements capture methods and techniques, business systems and analysis, front end process, software development lifecycles and associated processes
- Proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology toolsets e.g. JIRA and Confluence and working with Agile approach using Scrum methodology.
- Able to use data modelling techniques
- Experience with Windows and MS Office Applications
What you’ll bring
- Experience on projects like DEFRA, Department for International Trade,
- Imports/Exports knowledge.
- Methodology, proficient in the use of requirements capturing methodology, like
- Waterfall or RUP toolset, and in working with Agile projects & Agile approach.
- Able to use Data modelling techniques
- Experience with the Windows Suite and MS Office applications
- Skill with and knowledge of requirements capture methods and techniques,business systems and analysis, front end process, software development life
cycles and associated processes
- Strong experience in Requirements & Analysis on large scale and/or
multi project environments, Data Capture, Data Analysis. Experience in
an Agile working environment
Detailed understanding of Systems Life Cycles, in particular the
requirements and analysis phases, strong communications, ability to
build and maintain good Client relationships, a flexible approach, ability
to work under own initiative, resilient in nature, able to deal with conflict
management, strong decision making and judgment, influencing skills,
presentation skills to development areas and to client base, strong
evidence of skill competency around flexibility, attention to details,
communicating, conflict management, decisions making and judgment
influencing. Experience in an Agile working environment
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.