An overview of the role:
We’re looking to recruit a number of Banking Solution Architects to support our clients across the globe.
At Capgemini Financial Services, we are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Working closely with our clients, our consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
Our Banking and Diversified Financials practice helps clients shape, define and deliver banking transformation initiatives across the entire span of the organisation (front office to back office). This encompasses driving process improvement and process digitisation to enhance customer experience and delivery straight-through digital processing and self service across the bank. Key areas of focus are around sales (origination) and servicing.
As a vital part of our business unit, you’ll contribute to first-class end-to-end solutions in your assignments. You will play an active role in defining our practices, standards and ways of working, and apply them to your role. Be open to working across organisation and team boundaries to ensure we bring the best to our customers.
Why this role?
You’ll get involved in the following:
• Deliver strategic business, information and technology service architecture development working as part of a multi-disciplinary team using the appropriate frameworks
• To be responsible for the definition and delivery of the technical aspects of the projects, to include timely production of architectural designs and documentation
• To participate in a Technical Design Authority to assess and quantify the risks associated with design decisions and communicate these to relevant parties
• Support the business development activities; shape and design solution architectures for a proposal; attending client meetings with the sales team.
Your background will include:
• Good experience of working within Banking, either Retail Banking , Commercial Banking, Corporate Banking or Business Banking
• Strong background in solution architecture and/or enterprise architecture
• Would be advantageous if you have experience with FIS, Fiserve, Jack Henry, Finacle, Temenos etc
• Strong consulting skills and experience – able to shape and drive consultative outcomes with clients
• Experience in design and delivery of a variety of Solution Architecture led solutions in Banking (Core Banking, Payments, Mobile Banking etc.)
• Consider yourself to be a subject matter expertise in at least one discipline for Solution Architecture
• Rounded architecture experience including some or all aspects of programmes in terms of profession and technology (programme/project design & management, transformation, infrastructure and networking, applications, security, BI, content management, service provision, technology governance etc)
• Demonstrates and maintains a broad knowledge of technology solutions, current trends and techniques and actively communicates new technology developments.
• TOGAF 9 or Open Group certification is desirable but not imperative
• Experience in projects working with or managing offshore teams
• Working knowledge of architecture development tools and techniques.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.