Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are currently seeking a top performing AWS Data Architect with hands on experience with Data, Analytics and Cloud technology specifically with AWS (Amazon Web Services) to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultant will be expected to travel.
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced AWS Data Architect with Technical / Management skills in the area of S3 and Redshift platforms. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels. Experience of Informatica, DynamoDB and Kinesis architectures are advantageous.
As the AWS Data Architect, you will need to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into an S3/Redshift/Informatica implementation or Dynamo/Kinesis implementation and also have expertise on performance, security and data governance processes running on these platforms.
- Engagements include on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services.
- Help to architect & migrate all ETL, Data Warehousing, and BI stack to AWS Cloud. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
- Provide training and support to help teams and our partners learn to use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) and Amazon Redshift.
- Must have experience in the following 3 areas;
- Kafka –
- knows Kafka and zookeeper configuration very well.
- Can performance tune and size Kafka appropriately.
- Have worked in Confluent KSQL based streaming and Kafka S3 connector, Kafka Stream architecture and state stores
- MongoDB / Dynamo DB
- Hands-on experience with MongoDB and Dynamo DB, data load and streaming, Query API
- Kafka –
- Development of the Enterprise Information Architecture and alignment with Corporate Strategy, specifically the data elements
- Analytical and consulting skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Articulates recommendations to persuade others
- Be able to work with customers independently
- Lead solution definition and deployment in small project
- Client interfacing skills
- Works well in a team setting
- Project management
- Relationship management
- Be able to advise customers on functional solution
- Experience of working within the consulting industry
- Excellent communication skills – interviewing, preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Happy to travel within the UK and occasionally abroad
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.