Base Location: Edinburgh or Glasgow
Although based in Scotland you will require flexiblity to travel or work away if required.
Who you’ll be working with
In Application Services, we combine our leading Application Outsourcing and Application Development capabilities and expertise to create a seamless end to end service for our clients. We have brilliant cross-sector experience and a huge range of offers which we bring to market, including Applications Management, Business Process Management, Business Intelligence and Testing.
Utilities represents a large part of the Private Sector in Capgemini’s Applications business in the UK.
The focus of your role
As an Account Exec you will primarily lead Capgemini’s relationship with a key Scottish Water client across all Capgemini Business units. This role will promote Capgemini in the market and will build relationships with clients and IT Services Eco-system partners promoting the Capgemini brand.
What you’ll do
This Account Management role will have both a sales and P&L focus for the Water client but will also require activity in new logo clients as required. P&L management includes delivery oversight of Consulting, System Integration and Cloud Infrastructure projects, You will be supported by relevant Service Delivery Managers
Working closely with Sector & Delivery Unit Management teams, you will be responsible for creating and driving your own pipeline, in line with the business unit’s overall business strategy and direction. Originating and nurturing the development of the business, new revenue streams and directing proposition development will be key focus areas. You will be familiar with the various sources of demand – how to identify them, nurture them and be responsible for building an active pipeline of prospective deals.
You will be an expert in demand generation activities that are relevant to this market segment and will play a lead role in devising strategies to promote Capgemini in these forums with tangible business results.
Individually you will have clear and unambiguous accountability for improving Capgemini’s credibility within Scottish Water and other target clients in the market. You will both frame and drive business opportunities, leveraging the Applications, Infrastructure and Consulting Delivery teams. This will also involve the shaping and framing of propositions to meet client requirements working alongside Sector Leadership, Service Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and Proposal Development teams, responsible for sales closure of the deals following Capgemini processes and achieving the sales targets including revenues and profitability.
What you’ll bring
- Recent experience working for a Large Tier-1/2 Global IT or Consulting organisation in Sales or with responsibility for Business Development in the Application Solutions space.
- Hold a network of contacts within relevant commercial organisations including software and hardware vendors, industry analysts and advisors besides prospective clients.
- Utilities or Government Sector experience in Scotland and ideally expertise of the Water Sector.
- Proven track record of selling in the Utilities or Government both through formal procurement processes and through informal relationship based selling.
- Personally have led and sold at least three +10m GBP TCV Application or infrastructure Solutions Deals to FTSE 350 / Fortune 500 organisations. The client must be willing to provide a reference for your leadership role in the sale.
- Exceptional focus on all aspects of P&L management and reporting at both a pursuit and client level
- Experience of overseeing a large Outsourcing contracts and relationships including managing service escalations with a Service Delivery Manager and the delivery teams
- Sold AM and Cloud Infrastructure solutions involving service delivery from Nearshore / Offshore locations outside UK & mutualised teams be able to craft solution including distributed delivery elements, price-to-win and articulating value proposition.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.