The past 10 years have seen remarkable changes in the way we shop, with technology having an increasing impact on our buying behaviour. The retail sector itself has worked hard to respond and adapt to developments in technology. The IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index has monitored these developments throughout the years and the Retail Systems awards have celebrated them.
The Retail Systems Awards are about to celebrate their 10th anniversary, and, as part of this, they are encouraging everyone to vote for “The Retail Systems Defining Moment Award” for the most important retail technology development from the last 10 years.
The full list is here:
- 2005: Twitter launches
- 2007: Apple unveils the iPhone
- 2007: TJ Maxx data breach
- 2008: Alibaba introduces Tmall.com
- 2008: RIP Woolworths
- 2012: Facebook passes monthly active users mark of 1bn
- 2013: Rise of the discounters
- 2014: Annual UK online spending exceeds £100bn for first time, according to the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index
- 2015: Mobile accounts for 40% of all UK online retail sales, according to the IMRG Capgemini e-Retail Sales Index
- 2015: Amazon and Google launch first physical retail stores