Your organization has defined a cloud strategy and identified the applications to be moved to the cloud. What next? Migrating workloads to new cloud environments has to be planned and managed in detail. The migration must be driven by a clear understanding of the impact that the final architecture and migration pattern will have on the end-state functionality, performance, availability and security of the applications. The right cloud operating model must also be in place before workloads are moved en masse to deliver the cloud promise of lower cost, agility, scalability and flexibility.
Optimize Migration Cost, Speed and Quality
Our industrialized and robust methodology for migrating workloads to the cloud delivers quick time-to-value. We ensure that the cloud architecture and migration pattern are aligned to your cloud ambitions, while industrial methods, tooling and automation drive high quality and cost efficient migration. Our comprehensive offer delivers:
- Migration planning: Detailed analysis of each application to create the most efficient migration pattern
- Cloud architecture: Defining the future state architecture, operating model and business case based on application needs and end-state objectives
- Migration execution: Manage the migration in a factory model and drive continuous improvements.
Delivering Proven Results with Our Ecosystem of Cloud Partners
We help our clients achieve their cloud ambitions by leveraging our strong ecosystem of cloud partners including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, VMware, Google Cloud Platform, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and IBM Cloud.
We assessed over 200 applications for a leading financial institution, and migrated over 50 workflow-based applications to the cloud in line with the client’s cloud goals. The migration will deliver significant consolidation, standardization opportunities, and projected savings of $12M over three years.
Migrating Microsoft Workloads to AWS
Leveraging dedicated migration factories and in-house accelerators, Capgemini has successfully migrated more than 50 000 workloads to AWS.
We have also accelerated data center modernization strategies by leveraging VMware Cloud on AWS.
In-house solution accelerators provide a dynamic view of the application portfolio and derive best-fit migration paths. Flexible commercial models provide an outcome-based pricing models that suit specific business needs. This offering is all-encompassing for migrating workloads to virtual machines or containers, leveraging on-shore and off-shore cloud migration centers.
The Benefit of AWS Cloud for Microsoft Workloads
Running Microsoft Windows and Windows-based applications on the AWS Cloud could provide an average 44% ROI over five years and lead to experiencing 98% less unplanned downtimes and achieving 56% lower cost of operation in a five-year period.
Thanks to the Cloud, it is possible to instantly adapt the infrastructure to the rapidly evolving business needs; it is possible to quickly react to spikes in demand and then scale out when the demand comes back to normal.
|AWS EC2 with Windows AMI to support the deployment of Windows and other Microsoft-based products (SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange, .net applications, etc.).||With AWS Managed Microsoft AD, you can run directory-aware workloads in the AWS Cloud, including Microsoft SharePoint and custom .NET and SQL Server-based applications.||Amazon RDS for SQL Server makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale SQL Server deployments in the cloud.
|Amazon FSx for Windows File Server provides fully managed file storage that is accessible over the industry-standard Server Message Block (SMB) protocol
The Cloud Journey
But how to reach the Cloud without impacting your business during the migration?
Thanks to more than 11 years of long-standing partnership with AWS, Capgemini has developed a series of services to assess, design, plan, migrate and manage Windows workloads in the Cloud.
- Assess: Leveraging on Capgemini eAPM we are able to analyze specific attributes related to both application and infrastructural elements in order to identify the best target configuration for each application that will be migrated to the AWS Cloud.
- Design: Capgemini has industrialized the approach for designing the target Cloud environment with standardized landing zone templates to be customized based on specificity of the Customer. Such approach allows Capgemini to deliver high quality Landing Zone design with proper care in terms of Identity and Access Management, Security, Network Segregation and Automation and, at the same time, address all specificities of the Customer.
- Plan: Based on the data gathered by eAPM during the Assessment Phase, Capgemini and the Customer, following Capgemini Migration Approach, will define the migration waves basing on priorities and system dependencies.
- Migrate: Aligned to AWS best practices, Capgemini’s Cloud Migration Factory (CCMF) will select and execute the right migration strategy. This includes re-host, re-platform, and re-architect options.
- Manage: As the natural continuation of the journey, Capgemini Cloud Platform (CCP) offers Cloud-Native Managed Services for managing workloads running on the Cloud.
Looking to migrate applications to the cloud?
We are sorry, the form submission failed. Please try again.