Senior Network Engineer
A broad international network of professionals, exciting client projects, prestigious partners, invaluable career opportunities, a nice working environment, high-end coffee machines, after work settings with great colleagues – these are but a few reasons to work in our team! We are currently looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team of professionals at Capgemini Finland.
Capgemini’s Cloud Infrastructure Services provides global outsourcing and consulting services to large clients – enabling them to achieve innovation, agility and competitiveness. We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to strengthen our Network Services in Capgemini Finland Espoo office. If you would like to be part of a highly skilled team where the members continuously discover, share, give back and achieve great results – join us now!
As Senior Network Engineer you will work in a team responsible for daily management, operation development of centralized data center network platforms such as firewalls, load balancing, data center network etc. Also dedicated customer LAN/WLAN/WAN networks will be in scope. Team is responsible for core data center network architecture. We are looking for a structured person with technical and practical attitude with professionalism. You should be analytical with a solid technical base. You have ability to focus on the outcome and make things happen on an agreed time frame.
Typical tasks and responsibilities of a Senior Network Engineer are:
- Development of Nordic Datacenter Network platforms and global customer network environments
- Secure operational quality in maintained platforms, networks and solutions acting as 3rd line technical support for our offshore teams on complex issues.
- Actively participate in solving complex network issues and service disturbances
- Work with various SME’s to resolve escalated issues within the time constraints of the defined service level agreements
- Active participation in knowledge creation and sharing internal to the team and wider audience
- Planning of network migration/transition projects, maintenance activities, preliminary studies, requirement specifications, tests and POC’s
- Contributing in network migration/transition projects, maintenance activities, preliminary studies, requirement specifications, tests and POC’s
- Create and develop standards, instructions, methods and procedures concerning network operations
- Keeping up to date high professionalism and industry knowledge
This role requires fluency in both Finnish and English languages. Candidate will undergo a Finnish Security Police background security check. Finnish citizenship is required.
Desired Skills and Experience
With expertise in your domain, problem-solving skills and attention to detail, you feel right at home with the following:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in Technical Science or/and the same level of expertise achieved through work experience
- 5+ years of experience in network operations, management, engineering and development
- Knowledge of Datacenter networking (Cisco Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k series)
- Excellent knowledge of Campus LAN networking
- Excellent knowledge of Large scale Wireless LAN deployments
- Excellent knowledge of BGP and OSPF routing
- Excellent knowledge of network firewall administration
- Cisco CCNP and/or CCNA/CCNP Wireless or equal certificate in network technology required or equivalent knowledge acquired by work experience.
- Knowledge of VPN and load balancing environments is considered as an advantage
- Familiar with ITIL framework
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Positive and enthusiastic, service minded with a strong customer focus
- Highly motivated, analytical, structured, result oriented and innovative
- Self-driven and ability to work towards a common goal
- Cooperative in team, contribute by sharing ideas and knowhow
- Ability to adapt to multicultural and international environment
- Ability to deliver presentations to customers and wider audiences
In this position you manage your own time to meet agreed targets. With freedom to grow, you will be able to take full advantage of the opportunities we offer as a global organization. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Should you have any restrictions or preferences regarding your role, please let us know.
For further information about the position and recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact Mikko Blomqvist by email (email@example.com).
Selection process is ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible!
How to apply
Please click the Apply now button, and submit your online application including your CV and salary expectation by September 20th 2019.
Cannot find a suitable vacancy? Send in an open application: https://www.capgemini.com/fi-en/jobs/open-application/
People matter, results count.