As Head of growth and industry head within the Banking & Capital markets Business Unit, I focus on digital transformation and innovation at some of the leading banking brands around the World. As a strategic partner and trusted advisor to clients, I help banks with their strategic priorities including faster time to market, new product launches, revenue growth and optimization of Operations and technology costs for better efficiency ratios by using digital and tech as enablers.
Recent work includes:
- Advisory Services for launch of Treasury management Services for a leading global bank,
- Setting up a Data strategy for a leading US Regional bank,
- Digital Transformation Advisory for a global bank,
- Start up Strategy advisory for a Wealth Management Bank.
- Investment Advisory for Investment in a Fintech,
- Advising a large global bank on big tech partnership.
- Prior to joining Capgemini, I was a career Corporate and Transaction Services Banker with Banking Institutes where I spent over two decades in a variety of roles across North America, the U.K., Middle East, North Africa and Asia.
- I have a lot of industry experience across consumer banking, Cash & Treasury Management, Payments, Collections, Credit, Supply Chain Finance and Securities Services.
- After a point, I left for a Fintech start up and was Global Head of Financial Services till eventual M&A.
- I authored “The Power of Mobile Banking” published by Wiley in 2014, listed in Fintech’s top 4 books for 2014. I have contributed to leading financial media including BBC, BBC America, American Banker, Forbes, BNN and spoken at several industry conferences.
Sankar is a “mentor’’ and “advisor” to Startups and is on the Jury of https://innovatorsrace50.com/ and the innovators edition of Global Finance Magazine. He is on several Capgemini’s Digital & innovation forums including Capgemini’s Financial New Tech Challenge 2020 together with Efma.
Sankar is fan of tennis and golf and supports charities including the American Indian Foundation (aif.org).