As a Legacy Modernization specialist, I was involved in following activities:
• Portability, decommissioning analysis for the legacy application portfolio.
• Strategizing the modernization options and arrive at an implementation roadmap
• Provide technical consultations for the target architecture
• Proof of Concept testing for the to-be architecture technology stack.
• Innovations /Enablement framework for the activities of the Legacy Modernization Center of Excellence.
• Tools Conceptualization / Development/ Enhancements / Customizations for the various modernization projects which would serve as solution accelerators
• Project support and consultations for the various daily BAU issues on legacy platforms for a variety of Cognizant’s customers
The various service offerings of the Legacy Modernization CoE are as follows
Re-engineering: To re-engineer the legacy application using modern technology to achieve business agility and efficiency
Modernization: Achieve business goals within the broader purview of the legacy platform by Service enabling, Consolidation of Application, Languages, Database and Presentation tiers
Re-hosting: To migrate the application to a different platform with minimal changes to the existing application (say move from Mainframe COBOL to Micro focus COBOL, DB2 database on Mainframe to DB2 of Linux / UNIX / Windows etc)
SOA Enablement: SOA readiness assessment and modernize the legacy applications with respect to the Service Oriented Architecture Framework by service enabling the granular reusable legacy components and setup a governing mechanism for the services