Salesforce CTO, Capgemini NL
In his 14 years in the IT space, Michael has gained a broad background in customer facing systems such as CRM, Marketing Automation, E-Commerce, Cloud, Web, Mobile, and Social. In this space his main focus is the Salesforce stack, but he has also worked in the Oracle and SAP domains in the past, as well as developing custom applications based on iOS, HTML5, and JS.
Michael is currently the Salesforce CTO for Capgemini Netherlands, and in that role he spends a lot of his time translating best practices in the market to tangible use cases that can be used to drive customer centricity and to generate high ROI on the investments made in the CX space.
But most of all, Michael is a very experienced Technical Architect in the Salesforce space, having performed that role on 20+ projects in the past 7 years. Most of the posts have been inspired by the experience from these projects, and what other companies can learn from the key moments on these projects.
Recent work includes:
- Modernising a number of Salesforce clients by migrating them to Lightning and upgrading existing (custom) mobile applications
- Setting up multiple Application Maintenance Services with a focus on driving continuous change through Agile and DevOps
- Creation of Capgemini’s Salesforce Implementation Health Check and implementing this architectural assessment at a number of Capgemini’s key clients
- Creation of a Salesforce Masterclass in order to increase the number of Salesforce consultants in the Netherlands
- Strategic and architectural guidance on multiple Salesforce programs
And another thing…
Before joining Capgemini, Michael was active in the Email Marketing space as a project manager responsible for delivering marketing campaigns and email newsletters on behalf of clients in the publishing industry.
He has been an active part of the Expert Connect program since 2016 and was active as part of SogetiLabs in 2017 and 2018.
Michael is fluent in Dutch and English, and can manage a lot in Spanish. In his spare time he has a Podcast around sports betting, and he is an active contributor for an online platform catering to sports such as football, american football, and basketball.