Yet often, companies find it difficult to adopt a holistic approach to managing their entire procure-to-pay (P2P) cycle.
Do Your Suppliers Love You or Loathe You?
Are you stuck with an archaic procurement and payables processes that lead to low contract compliance and control, a lack of transparency on spend and low productivity? Does your company suffer from having a poor reputation with your suppliers, resulting in unhappy customers and lost saving opportunities?
More Transparency and Insight
Capgemini’s Procure-to-Pay solution promises improved transparency and insight, greater focus on straight-through processing on exceptions and discounts taken, a higher percentage of on-time payments, and enhanced controls and compliance – all of which combine to deliver tangible business outcomes.
By delivering an end-to-end transactional service and analytics at every stage of your procure-to-pay (P2P) cycle, you gain insight into your sourcing strategy, efficient buying execution via the right channels, support to establish internal policies, optimized payment strategies and enhanced reputation among your vendors, while eliminating and automating non value-adding activities.
With experience from hundreds of procurement implementations and operations, our 6,500 procurement specialists can transform your entire P2P process end-to-end, delivering deep transformation together with insight and analytics 24/7/365 in 38 languages. We are proud of the value we continue to deliver to our clients and the results speak for themselves:
- 100% quality of the indexation process for invoices captured by robots through implementing inSTREAMTM’s artificial intelligence and self-learning algorithms for an IT software provider.
- 64% to 93% improvement in Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR) efficiency post inSTREAMTM implementation for a global engineering group.
- 30% reduction of manual non-PO invoice processing through implementing Nopo Labs bot for a global manufacturing company.
- 15% time reduction on the GR-IR reconciliation process through implementing inbuilt robotics components for automated handling “missing invoices” for a global manufacturing company.
- 10% reduction in vendor queries through leveraging RPA to deliver faster communication of “defective invoices” for a global beverages company.