The global postal market landscape is rapidly transforming from highly profitable and stable to increasingly competitive, with shrinking postal revenues of at least 20% in the last decade.
Capgemini is helping organizations in the postal industry defend their home market and better adapt to this evolving environment.
Servicing the Full Spectrum of Postal Needs
Capgemini has developed a broad range of solutions that are designed to address the specific needs of the postal industry. Our offerings include:
- Capgemini Immediate: define a coherent and effective eBusiness cloud computing strategy through adaptive technology and capabilities
- RApid INnovation (RAIN™): discover technology-based solutions to your business challenges through our tried-and-tested methodology that accelerates decision-making through 3-day seminars
- Business Transformation Design & Delivery: follow proven design principles to produce significant results
- Advanced Planning & Scheduling: gain a better understanding of how goods flow through your business to ensure smooth distribution and transportation operations
- Open-source solution: optimize your postal operations and solve your current and future business needs through this joint La Poste-Capgemini offer that is unique in the global marketplace
- E-Governmental Platform Strategy: construct a strategy through our expertise attained in more than 100 European E-Government projects and the European Commission Study, a project we have worked on for nearly 10 years
- Supply Chain Optimization: construct a single, shared view of your supply chain
- Business Information Management: real-time data mining and best-in-class address management tools ensure value for postal operators
- Application Lifecycle Services: increase the productivity and flexibility of your entire application landscape
Strengthening Your Business Model
Our partnerships with postal organizations worldwide have given us a clear perspective on the changes that will transform your industry in the coming years. The combination of consistent market shrinkage and 20% new competitor market share means that postal companies could lose between 35-40% of their current revenues. To help you address this trend head on, we focus on cost-effective solutions that can be deployed rapidly.
Our team of postal experts takes a collaborative approach: working with you to identify your core business challenges. Our experts then develop a tailored solution that transforms your current business model to one that allows for growth, innovation and resiliency to fluctuating market conditions.
Proven Postal Experience
Over the past 15 years, Capgemini has worked with more than 20 of the world's largest postal companies, including many of the majors in Europe, on hundreds of advisory projects across the full spectrum of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. Along with a core team of 2,000 supply chain specialists, we have more than 100 postal experts across the globe.
Our Global Logistics Lab has served as a research institution and knowledge service provider to the postal, courier, express and parcel market for more than 10 years. The Logistics Lab recently published the first-ever Global Postal Innovation Study.