Assembling teams of bold, curious, and creative individuals who are unafraid to question assumptions or try new things is the Idean way. Our multicultural, multidisciplinary teams of designers and developers lead a wide range of challenging projects for some of the world’s most innovative businesses. From showcasing an autonomous car’s 3,000-mile self-driving journey to humanizing and simplifying the human genome through design, we see challenges – no matter how big or how small – as opportunities to impact and change the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director, Strategy & Growth to join us in Berlin.
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
The Director, Strategy & Growth is a crucial role for Idean’s success and that of our clients. You will bring in groundbreaking, innovative projects by establishing new client relationships as we are expanding our presence in the German market.
Our clients are CxOs, SVPs, VPs, and other high level R&D, IT, product management & development and marketing executives in industry leading User Experience companies. Our clients specialize in financial services, automotive, retail, telecommunications, enterprise software and mobile technology, just to mention a few. This role requires engagement with poise, expertise and experience; you possess natural talent in listening and can provide creative solutions for their business challenges.
Once new accounts are established the key focus is grow them across multiple different Business Units within Germany.
We require you to have solid experience in sales of professional services, consulting and be passionate about digital services and awesome design.
- Independently generate new business and new leads through own existing network, online sources and networking
- Independently and with the assistance of our Design & Delivery team, create compelling proposals that provide solutions for our customers UX/CX challenges
- Independently manage the sales pipeline from suspecting to closing. Simultaneously prioritize workload and efforts based on probability in order to continuously have a balanced pipeline of incoming new business
- Confidently deliver proposals and presentations, both independently and part of a group to potential customers.
- Act as the customer’s strategic advisor relating to User Experience & Customer Experience strategy
- Analyze client’s business, products, needs, budgeting cycles and organizational structure and act upon that information to generate new ideas, projects and revenue
- Meet annual sales quota of 3MEUR with a local book of business with clients located in Germany
- 8+ years of experience in sales and consulting for professional services with in Germany
- Agency or consultancy expertise required in the field of strategy, digitalization, CX, UX or product development
- Background from a management consulting firm in Germany is considered a plus
- Demonstrated ability closing new logos and building strong relationship in existing large accounts
- Strong local network of C-level executives in Germany
- Native German and fluent English language skills
- Ability to understand customer’s business challenges (quantitative, conceptual, analytical) and scenarios quickly and propose constructive UX/CX business solutions independently
- Experience in presenting to C-level executives, persuading them to select Idean and negotiate on behalf of the company to close the deal
- Proven track record of exceeding quota and closing new business and growing existing accounts
- Ability to travel throughout Germany
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent verbal and written skills, Native German level.
- Strong „can do” customer service attitude with passion for the UX/CX field