The fifth edition of Capgemini Consulting’s Digital Transformation Review focuses on a critical, yet neglected, area for most businesses – the digitization of operations.
This edition includes perspectives of digital leaders from around the world – including leading academics, digital business pioneers, and government authorities – as well as thought-leading insights from Capgemini Consulting. Highlights include:
- An interview with Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson, from the MIT Center for Digital Business, on their new book The Second Machine Age and the key technologies that organizations should focus on.
- Dr Per-Vegard Nerseth, Head of Robotics at ABB, shares his thoughts on how robotics is impacting on operations and where it is likely to lead.
- David Reis, CEO of Stratasys, one of the biggest 3D printing companies globally, expounds on the implications of this digital technology for manufacturing industries.
- An interview with Jack Levis, Director of Process Management at UPS, who explains how Big Data analytics is helping them derive significant returns.
- Mike Hainey, Head of Data Analytics at HMRC, discusses how Big Data analytics is helping the UK tax authority combat tax and welfare fraud.
- Anant Agarwal, President of edX, explains how Big Data analytics can help improve educational outcomes in campuses.
- Our special guest, Neelie Kroes, Vice President of the European Commission, discusses the importance of digital for Europe.
- How digitized are organizational supply chains, a core operations area? We discuss the results of a global survey in Capgemini Consulting’s latest research on the topic “The Missing Link: Supply Chain and Digital Maturity.”
- And finally, we shine a light on how the banking sector has focused largely on the front office and customer experience, while neglecting their back office in Capgemini Consulting’s latest thought leadership article “Backing up the Digital Front: Digitizing the Banking Back Office.”