My name is Adrian Penka and I lead Capgemini Consulting’s North America Supply Chain Practice. I am very excited to announce that Capgemini Consulting is releasing another blog. This one specifically dedicated to the discipline of Supply Chain Management. Let me be the first to welcome you to the inaugural release of the Global Capgemini Consulting Blog on Supply Chain Management.
It is an exciting time in the field of Supply Chain Management with many transformative trends afoot. Many companies are leveraging Supply Chain Segmentation to tailor their supply chain to the unique needs of their customer segments, market channels, and products. Other practioners are leveraging emerging technologies such as Tags and Sensors and 3D Printing to drive efficiencies into every link of their supply-chain. Others are leveraging Advanced Data Intelligence and Data Sciences to predict future events and the impact on their Supply Chain. Whatever edge companies choose to develop in their field of play, we have coaches in our practice that can help guide them. With thousands of Supply Chain consultants globally, we hope to showcase some of their talents and capabilities here in this blog. We hope that you will find the blog as a source of information and inspiration on the topic of Supply Chain.
I believe you will find each blog post as diverse as the consultant that authored it and the country that he/she came from. As with all the initiatives we undertake, we would like to make a commitment to you (the reader) so you know what to expect from us. Our intent is to operate a high quality blog based on the following principles:
- Quality is more important that quantity – instead of aiming at multiple updates per day we strive for an average of one new high quality post per week;
- The added value is in originality – to distinguish ourselves in a world characterized by an overflow of information, we focus on originality. We either present new, thought-provoking insights, or if we end up discussing a less innovative topic, we will incorporate originality;
- It will truly be a global blog – one of the characteristics of Capgemini Consulting is that we are a global player. This is mirrored in the blog in different ways. Firstly, contributions come from colleagues around the world. Secondly, contributions may sometimes apply to a specific geographical area only (e.g. the peculiarities of Supply Chain Financing in the Netherlands or a transportation optimization issue in Latin-America).
- Categorization is key – blog posts will be accessible over time. This will make the blog an impressive body of knowledge. To facilitate information identification we will define a clear set of categories, consistent with our point of view on supply chain that will help readers navigate the content.
- We plan for reliability – The weekly update is not an aspiration but a given. We will plan for it to ensure useful content.
I hope in the coming weeks you will become as excited as we are for the start of a truly insightful blog on the topic of Supply Chain Management. Join us in reading, learning, and collaborating. Kick back and enjoy!