Change is the growing trend in digital today. As marketing is diversifying its face more boldly into individual needs to meet B2B and consumer demands, the number of users are not only affecting the expected ROI but are also playing a huge factor in the manner in which everyone gravitates to marketing.
Moreover, it is having an impact on the survival of the companies and even politics that in the past only thought of marketing as a specialty area of investment.
When most companies speak of multi-channel marketing they segment areas into offline and online. Once broken down even further companies go into distinguishing different channels into print, outdoor advertisements, and then into web, banners, and social media. Lately there is an ever more significant area surpassing all areas of marketing “mobile”. Mobile marketing isn’t just about developing a cool mobile app but to target it’s customers no matter where they are, whenever they are at any time.
Most mobile platforms’ (that fall within the smartphone criteria) data are powered via local GPS and geared towards attracting local audiences or targeted segments. These platforms rely on global positioning for geography; platforms like Foursquare that provide information to users based on their mobile location. Therefore when utilizing marketing, it’s even more crucial that businesses stay aligned with other marketing platforms and campaigns and be prepared to create highly engaging environments on these location-based platforms. Likewise, they should utilize the many services of location-based advertising (uses tools such as GPS and geo-fencing to locate potential prospects and send them messages) and Bluetooth/Wifi (this allows data transfer over short distances).
Maybe you’re considering additional marketing ideas, you can easily find evidence validate the success of this mobile market channel which is still somewhat underutilized. The benefits are endless, here are a few:
- Real-time analytics with detailed reporting metrics to track campaign initiatives and measure the overall success of performance
- Help set realistic and actionable goals that are attainable and aligned with business plans and company strategies
- An integrated (multi-channel) marketing tool that is used to increase consumer experiences, boost customer interactions and delivers instant returns
- Rich user-generated content for better customer engagement
- A cross balance between paid media (PPC, display & banner), earned media (social & consumer interaction) and owned media (content, web/mobile & etc).
So if you’re interested in tailoring a unique and personalized campaign or looking to work with a potentially high ROI with your multi channel marketing campaign it’s still not too late to jump on this inevitable upward trend to be one of the leaders of tomorrow in reaching all of your customers for optimum exposure.