Capgemini helps implement Oracle solution to ensure the company is on track to meet all of its global information strategy milestones.
It would have taken us months longer, maybe years longer, to really understand what’s in the BI apps and understand how to deploy them. BICG had the expertise, they had the methodology, they had the resources that helped us learn, and they provided the knowledge-transfer and training. Without them, we wouldn’t have been successful within the project scheduled timeframe. Tina Suttle, Business Information Services, Diebold Incorporated
Diebold Incorporated, an international leader in self-service delivery as well as security systems and services, wanted to improve its Business Intelligence (BI) processes in order to:
- Establish a formal global business intelligence and analytics strategy
- Create a self-service BI environment for key business units
- Institute a global standard for data management and governance
- Replace current BI reporting processes with more streamlined and efficient methods
In 2007, Diebold purchased Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), and was planning to deploy the application. Upon recommendation by Oracle, Diebold enlisted the expertise of BI Consulting Group (BICG), a Minneapolis-based provider of Oracle technology services, acquired in July 2011 by Capgemini. Together, BICG and Diebold collaborated to build a BI roadmap, which included a recommendation to purchase the pre-packaged Oracle BI applications for dashboards and reporting rather than to build them on its own. Diebold purchased Oracle Sales Analytics and Oracle Financial Analytics, and enlisted the help of BICG to support the implementation.
Diebold is on course to realize a wealth of benefits in the following key areas:
- Significant cost savings through streamlined data consolidation and reporting
- Increased productivity due to more easily accessible reports and less time spent producing manual reports
- More accurate data and improved data stewardship
- Increased sales visibility and management by enabling better analysis of pipeline opportunities to identify next steps and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- More stringent management of the lead to opportunity process which enables marketing and sales to better understand and analyze pipeline and potential opportunities
- Reduced operating costs of about $100,000 in annual expenses due to the retirement of the outdated sales reporting system.