Arrowhead Engineered Products (Arrowhead) is a leading manufacturer of electrical and automotive products, based in Minnesota. The company needed to implement Warehouse Management Software (WMS) that could grow with the organization and support its multi-subsidiary, multi-facility hub and spoke distribution model. Arrowhead chose Oracle Warehouse Management System (WMS), formerly LogFire.
To accommodate its growing needs and provide customers a seamless and efficient service, Arrowhead needed to aggressively work towards enhancing its fulfillment capability.
Arrowhead first implemented a pilot in its Canada facility to showcase feasibility, followed by a “big-bang” go live of their remaining seven facilities. In addition, Arrowhead:
- Established a technology stack to roll out to its existing subsidiaries and to future acquisitions
- Implemented concurrently NetSuite and web service integrations developed in Dell Boomi between NetSuite, Oracle WMS Cloud, and UPS
- Shared design sessions across all facilities to address requirements for the following operational processes at each subsidiary: Purchase Orders, Transfer Orders, Returns, Putaway
- Replenishments, Sales Orders, Work Orders, Parcel Shipping, LTL Shipping, and Inventory Management
- Established and deployed a common design across all facilities in the business unit, managing 80,000-plus SKUs and same-day order shipping requirements.
- On-boarded and trained key Arrowhead resources from the start to ensure a successful implementation and rollout to the remaining seven US facilities.
The WMS implementation transformed Arrowhead from a paper-based operation to one based on a leading cloud WMS application, across all subsidiaries and facilities. It has a common technology stack for all the existing subsidiaries, and this enabled Arrowhead resources, through extensive training and documentation, to take ownership over future subsidiary implementations. Additionally, the company gained complete bin-level inventory visibility across the network, which in turn gave its purchasing department the information required to make educated decisions.
Arrowhead expects to save significant money by automating current manual processes for counting, picking, and storage of inventory, as well as gain significant ROI in terms of order fulfillment rates. This global template will also enable quick assimilation of future acquisitions in the Arrowhead structure for WMS and ERP.