We are looking for a Data Engineer
based in Zurich or Geneva
At Capgemini, we deliver end-to-end solutions within all areas of IT and advanced analytics to help solve major challenges for our clients.
The Insights & Data practice is focused on creating cutting-edge machine learning and AI solutions that run on top of reliable, scalable, and high-performing data platforms.
Insights & Data is a global business line within Capgemini that consists of 23,000 experts worldwide. Our services include the design, build and deployment of data & AI platforms, data science and business intelligence projects, in addition to the deployment of cutting-edge industry specific machine learning and AI solutions. We cover all industries and work hand in hand with all other practices to deliver end to end Data & AI transformation to our clients.
On our teams, everyone counts – and we want your unique way of thinking.
You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest!
- Sharp and focused?
- Interested in working with technology to better business?
- An excellent communicator with a natural talent for negotiation?
- Positive, creative, with a can-do attitude?
- Flexible, open-minded, not afraid to take charge?
- Highly collaborative yet results oriented?
- Eager to learn and develop in a multicultural environment?
What you can expect
You will work closely with our clients to demonstrate your functional and professional knowledge in the areas of business intelligence, cloud, data warehousing, reporting, and analytics to ensure that our deliverables are of the highest caliber. You will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for today’s data platforms while working with rapidly evolving technologies.
As a Data Engineer, you will be a key contributor in preparing and making data available for our clients for reporting purposes, analytics, and applications. You will contribute to increasing our clients’ productivity by delivering well-designed Data Assets. As a member of a project team, you will also work together with management on improving engagement productivity, increasing efficiencies, mitigating risks, and resolving issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collecting business requirements and translating them into an efficient data solution
- Designing data flows, data models, data stores and data sets, mapping rules, as well as access mechanisms
- Identifying the best data sources, analyzing and defining the integration rules while taking into consideration business and technical perspective
- Prototyping the solution to support business validation
- Designing and developing the “logical” and “physical” data models and data stores
- Industrializing the feeding and deliveries from the integrated data stores, as Datawarehouse, DataMart’s, data sets
- Streamlining data pipelines across the enterprises to allow maximum usage
What we expect from you
- Solid expertise in data modeling, SQL, BO, SAS EG, and testing
- Previous exposure to Power Designer and Power Center
- Hands-on experience in manipulating and deriving insight from large datasets
- Comfortable liaising with users to capture and translate expectations into technical requirements, including efficiently defining features and user stories
- Strong ability to consultatively engage with customers in an agile context
- Understanding of data warehousing and of the impact of data quality
- Experience in banking, risk management, or financial services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter when required
- Pro-active mindset combined with superb analytical and synthesis skills
- Team player attitude with the ability to work within a multicultural context and in a distributed delivery model with part of the team working in offshore locations
- Fluency in English (German or French would be considered as a plus)
Interested? We should talk!
Starting date: Immediately
Location: Zurich or Geneva
Permanent full-time employment
Take your chance and apply!