This is an opportunity to take a new challenge with the leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting. You would be part of exciting projects from several key players in different industries.
For our current consultant team in the Zurich region, we are looking for a passionate and qualified embedded software engineer.
- Understand customer requirements by interacting with various stake holders, write documentation (software requirement specifications, software architecture, user manuals) and implement the solution
- Design test strategy to cover all the different test scenarios with best coverage
- Coordinate and technical support for offshore team and ramping up new team members
- Solution creation for real time applications using Linux Operating systems
- Strong knowledge Agile development methodology
- You are a C++ Programmer with 5+ years of experience in IT-engineering, embedded systems, hardware engineering, firmware engineering
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of C and C++
- Deep knowledge of embedded hardware, firmware, object oriented concepts, design patterns and software development cycle
- Experience with RTOS and Linux based Embedded System is beneficial
- Very good knowledge of version control tools like Git
- Experience with field protocols like CAN / Ether CAT / MODBUS, etc.
- Coordination & planning abilities as well as strong communication skills
- Fluent English and German is required
Capgemini Engineering will be on the forefront in creating an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy in where and how our people work and to embrace the learnings we have experienced from wider-scale remote working. For you, this may mean less time in the office than usual with some time working from home, whereas other roles and engagements will continue to be more location-dependent or office-based. Together with your manager, you will agree an approach which works for you, your team and our business.
In order to deploy this novel way of working, we have introduced our New Normal policy which includes:
- 30% to 70% remote work in agreement with your line manager and client needs
- Trust-based managerial culture
- Team rituals and get togethers
- Options to order ergonomically proven Equipment (monitor & chair) for your home office premises.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. We only accept applications through the online career portal. Applications via e-mail or 3rd party platforms will be deleted due to GDPR regulation. You can track your application status here. Capgemini Engineering only accepts direct applications (no recruitment agencies). Due to Swiss regulations, we only take Swiss or EU/EFTA applicants or with a valid working permit into consideration.