We are Capgemini Switzerland.
With more than 200,000 people in over 40 countries, we’re a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services. Together with our clients, we create and deliver business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant Firmware – Total Room Automation based in Zurich
For our local consultancy team in development for building automation industry, we are looking for Senior Consultant with 15+ years of experience in Firmware Development. Candidate must have in-depth knowledge and experience on Total Room Automation, working experience on communication protocols BACNet, KNX, DALI and MODBUS, Unified Modeling Language command on C++ and excellent communication skills (English).
On our teams, everyone counts – and we want your unique way of thinking.
You bring the talent, and we’ll provide the rest!
• Sharp and focused?
• Interested in working with technology to better business?
• An excellent communicator with a natural talent for negotiation?
• Positive, creative, with a can-do attitude?
• Flexible, open-minded, not afraid to take charge?
• Highly collaborative yet results oriented?
• Eager to learn and develop in a multicultural environment?
What you can expect from us.
• The role requires a combination of strong technical firmware development and coordination skills to bring together our delivery capabilities
• Requirement elicitation for Building Automation Device software development. Interpreting the complex requirements and creation of high-level and low-level design specification documents. Writing business requirements and estimating those using well-known estimation techniques such as Function Point estimation
• Collaborate with the product development team to develop large network HVAC based solutions, especially innovative building technology-based products
• Design and development of application layer for BACnet protocol on IP and MSTP network (Good to have detailed knowledge of ASHREE Standards, Addendums and test plans)
• Design and development of Building Automation features using KNX protocol (Lighting, Shading and temperature control)
• Design and development of Building Automation features using DALI protocol (Lighting and presence detection)
• Design and development of web application-based interface used to configure and monitor Building Automation device.
• Conceptualizing and delivering client solutions that are efficient, scalable and secure
• Representation of designed architecture using Unified Modeling Language and advance architecture tools such as Enterprise Architect or IBM Rational Rose
• Real-time application development using open embedded tool chain on Linux Operating System.
• Identify and deploy different test frameworks to support a zero-defect policy.
• Drive innovation through process automation concepts and development approach in an agile fashion
• Driving projects managed using SAFe methodologies. Must be able to embrace new technologies, and champion a set of processes and methods for the communication and collaboration between departments
• Conduct code reviews and configuration management activities
• Improve awareness on BACnet protocol released versions to stakeholders and team members
• Compile and write documentation of domain knowledge, program development, training material for new joiners
• Create and execute knowledge transition plan for training new joiners and beginners in Building Automation Domain
• Create handbook and standard operation manuals and release notes for client support
• Conducting weekly query resolution session
• Responsible for understanding India culture which helps to communicate with Indian offshore teams
• Advise clients on building automation technologies such as BACnet compliant based building automation solutions and implementation
• Lead multi-functional teams leveraging onshore/offshore/nearshore operating model across the globe and manage to deliver complex embedded software and firmware projects in the building automation domain
• Prepare business proposals, identify issues and present value recommendations to the client in the building automation sector
• Collaborate with other centers of excellence/practices within Capgemini to mobilize team for proposals
• Use Capgemini proprietary tools to assess application portfolio and recommend simplification scenarios
• Actively represent our company culture by leading and participating in efforts around continuous learning, personal and professional development, community service and team building
What we expect from you.
Minimum of 15 years of experience leading information technology product engineering services including the development of building automation embedded software and firmware, implementing and integrating software, and managing complex projects
Preferred Master’s degree in Computer Applications
In-depth industry knowledge in Building Automation
Preferred strong experience in implementing Building Automation ASHRAE BACnet Standards and its Addendum
Preferred strong experience in implementing Building Automation KNX PL-Link protocol
Preferred strong experience in implementing Building Automation DALI protocol
Strong technology experience in C, C++ (x98 / 11/ 14) and Linux
Preferred experience with Building Automation BACnet/KNX/DALI tools used widely in the building automation sector
Demonstrated superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create lasting, productive partnerships
Very good understanding of SAFe Agile Development process
Demonstrated project management experience – project planning, execution, issue/risk management and resource management/allocation
Demonstrated tracking opportunities and projecting efficiently based on confidence and probability by discussing with client partners and delivery managers
Mastery of all phases of the software development life cycle
Strong experience in running onshore/offshore/nearshore operating models
Strong international assignment experience in distributed delivery model and selling of IT services with offshore components
Strong oral and written communication skills in English
Interested? We should talk!
Starting date: ASAP
Permanent Full Time
Take your chance and apply!