Big Data Architect
With more than 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business Experience™, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Title: Big Data Architect
Location: Charlotte, NC
The Principal Architect (Big Data) will own and drive the overall strategy and roadmap for Big Data Implementation working closely with customer-facing account teams, internal practice leaders and external partners to address Insurance Digital Transformation initiative. The ideal person for this position will have expertise in Big Data, BI/Analytics, or data integration, be detail oriented, think strategically, and possess a strong work ethic.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement scalable Big Data architecture solutions for various application needs.
- Analyze multiple sources of structured and unstructured data to propose and design data architecture solutions for scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and elasticity.
- Develop conceptual, logical and physical design for various data types and large volumes.
- Implement some or all of the Big Data systems in distributed cloud environments.
- Implement security, encryption best practices for Big Data environments.
- Architect, design and implement high performance large volume data integration processes, database, storage, and other back-end services in fully virtualized environments.
- Collaborate with customer teams to formulate the problem, recommend a solution approach and design a data architecture
- Work closely with the product management and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and solutions
- Participate in Rapid Application Development and Agile processes to deliver new cloud platform services and components.
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams.
- Prototypes and POCs
Basic Technical Requirements
- 10+ years of experience as a technology leader designing and developing data architecture solutions with more than 3+ years specializing in big data architecture or data analytics.
- Strong, in-depth experience in data modeling and experience with business intelligence systems (dimensional modeling, data mining, predictive analytics).
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL and Map-Reduce and other Industry BigData Frameworks
- Broad based architecture acumen: Database architecture, ETL, SOA, Cloud, etc
- Data Platform experience (MapR).
- Comfortable in multi terabyte production environments
- Highly proficient with large data sets and clusters
Hands-On Technical Competencies
- Good experience in NoSQL (MongoDB/Cassandara)
- Good experience in hive scripts, Map reduce, handling incremental data
- Good experience in SPARK,Pig/SQOOP/Kafka/Flume for extracting near real-time data & event messaging.
- Good experience in offloading/loading data in RDBMS & HDFS
- Java a big plus
- Experience working with Cloud Storage solutions in AWS, Azure etc. is a plus.
- 5+ years - Data Integration design and implementation
- 3+ years - Large Scale Solution Architect ,Design skills in Big Data, ETL Platform
- 3+ years - Big Data/AWS/Azure cloud implementation
- Experience in Insurance industry a plus
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law