030653-Director/COE Cloud Solution Architecture
This is a client facing role supporting our Center Of Excellence (CoE) contributing to pre-sales activities, portfolio activities, customization and alliances for the Infrastructure Services Global Cloud Practice. The purpose of the role is to be the main customer facing point of contact for all cloud project and consulting work. The successful applicant will work closely with the customer ensuring a highly satisfied customer experience. This role includes ownership of technical, commercial and service elements related to cloud project engagements.
Orchestrate Capgemini’s methods, assets and tools from end-to-end in the design of solutions which enable major deal wins and which leverage cloud technologies. The geographic focus is North America; and there is a secondary purpose of the role to support the capability growth in North America through recruitment.
Ensure that we are delivering what is expected by :
o Ensuring that the architecture meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
o Ensuring that the architecture complies with the overall Client’s IT policies and strategies, obtaining authorised waivers where deviation is required.
o Ensuring that the architecture is consistent with and supports the productivity and financial performance objectives of the project.
The successfully hired candidate will be customer facing and ensure high customer satisfaction delivering cloud projects. The candidate would ensure a highly satisfied customer experience and drive to reduce labour input, costs, implementation time, and time to benefit. The candidate will help increase profit margins and enhance consistent delivery and operational efficiency. The candidate must expect to work in parallel across multiple deals and look to assist in the industrialisation of the process to support the rapid timescales opportunities demand. The successful candidate must have a fully-flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
Key Role & Responsibility:
This is a client facing role in the project delivery cycle. This role will work closely with clients, partners and other business units to ensure consulting engagements are successful. The role is responsible for understanding the client’s business needs and clearly translating the Statement of Work to the successful delivery of the Project. The candidate will be expected to work as part of a delivery team, working alongside overall project manager to deliver a successful cloud consulting engagement. He/she must be fully flexible and mobile across the US and possibly EMEA for extended periods and potentially across the Capgemini Group
·Proven experience in cloud infrastructure project deals for cloud assessments and cloud migrations
·Strong client facing skills and a good listener. Ability to push a point/right solution to different stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
· A strong background in end to end infrastructure technologies and architecture, ideally from more than one company
- Project delivery for application discovery service both agent and agentless. Provide application modeling.
- AWS/AZURE expertise gained from production application deployment, proven experience of delivering complex cloud project engagements
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent presentation and facilitation skills;
- Possess the ability to clearly articulate the pros and cons of technology choices and solution design decisions and to construct and present rational options to clients and prospective clients on the options they have;
- Comfortable facilitating group discussions and leading client strategy and design activities; able to translate client needs and opportunities into architecture specifications that can be referred to by the analyst, development and migration teams;
- Have a focus on getting the job done and done properly;
- Be willing to learn, grow and stretch into new roles and different industries/domains;
- Have a fully-flexible approach to working hours and working away from home during the week; willing to work nationally, with the potential to work internationally if desired.
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
The include the ability to understand and communicate the following at an executive level both internally and externally:
• AWS Architecture / Azure Architecture experience ideally with the appropriate vendor certification
• Understanding of hybrid cloud solutions and experience of integrating public cloud into tradition hosting/delivery models
• Strong understanding of cloud migration techniques (on premise to Cloud Platforms)
• Configuration and deployment experience in three or more of the following:
o AWS apps technologies such as RDS, Elastic Beanstalk
o Azure or AWS IaaS Technologies
o Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
o Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
o Experience building private AMI’s on VPC’s
o LAMP Stack and Linux experience
o High Availability and Disaster recovery implementations
o Experience of designing and implementing application and infrastructure monitoring solutions
• Experience architecting and deploying multi-tiered applications.
• Experience in architecting security architectures across infrastructure and applications
• Experience building and deploying multi-tier, scalable, and highly available applications using Java, Microsoft and Database technologies
• Experience in performance tuning, including the following ; (load balancing, web servers, content delivery Networks, Caching (Content and API))
• Experience as principal technical lead on at least one major project.
• Good understanding of application architectures
• Demonstrable experience in the elicitation & specification of architectural, functional and non-functional requirements
• A good appreciation of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made by you and/or others
• Ability to develop productive client relationships at different management levels and identify and develop opportunities for new business
Desirable skills, knowledge & experience:
·AWS or Azure trained / certified architect – e.g. Amazon Certified Solutions Architect – Associate or Professional Level
- Architectural certification (e.g TOGAF)
·Experience of implementing architectural governance and proactively managing issues and risks throughout the delivery lifecycle.
·Good familiarity with the disciplines of enterprise software development such as configuration & release management, source code & version controls, and operational considerations such as monitoring and instrumentation
·Experience of consulting or service provider roles (internal, or external);
- Strong knowledge on software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum, Kan Ban etc. Broad understanding of enterprise project lifecycle
- AWS certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops
- A good degree-level education is highly desirable
- Team lead and programme or project management experience
·Experience using database technologies like Oracle, MySQL is required and understanding of NoSQL, MongoDB is preferred.
- Redshift / Data warehouse experience
- Extensive automation experience with either Chef or Puppet
- Experience in designing or implementing data warehouse solutions is highly preferred.
- DevOps experience
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Responsibilities:As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law