030604-Programmer / Developer Lead - Full Stack Engineer - AngularJS, Python, RESTful
An experienced full-stack engineer at San Jose, CA
Required Skills and Experience
• 6+ years of experience of developing large-scale web application
• 4+ years developing server-side RESTful web applications
• Excellent knowledge building web application and automation tools using Python and open source tools and technologies
• Strong database experience: Oracle, MySQL
• Experience with modern web development framework
• Experience working in DevOps model – continuous integration environment using tools such as Git, Jenkins, SonarQube
• 2+ years of experience operating in an agile environment
• Experience working in Unix environment
• Strong communication and collaboration skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Nice to have:
• Configuration Management Tools - Puppet/Chef/Ansible
• Tools and Services automation platform: Stackstorm
To design and develop user-facing web application, portal, and tooling to provide one-stop platform for developers to provide what they need to get started with their project, ask and answer questions, share knowledge, and collaborate with various teams in the organization. The candidate will also be working on developing tools or using open source and integrating with other systems to automate infrastructure and platform tools, services and workflows. We’ll also be collecting software build, test, code review, and release data from various systems (Git, Jenkins, test tools) and building various speed, quality, security and release metrics to show the trends on a metrics dashboard.
The ideal candidate has a self-starter attitude and will possess excellent web application development experience in Unix environment with superb attention to detail. The candidate’s track record must demonstrate recent experience designing and architecting enterprise-level application with modern web application development experience.
• Collect user requirements and convert it into engineering requirements
• Interpret high-level requirements and refine as agile-based implementation stories
• Evaluate open source tool, do build vs buy vs use open source analysis, and provide recommendation
• Design and build an easy-to-use web application and automation tools
• Collaborate with architecture and track leads on design and implementation
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Responsibilities:As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law