030519-Manager /Architect- Power BI
Power BI Job Description
Must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home during the week at short notice.
Experienced/Expert at data visualization and advance calculations (Aggregate, Date, Logical, String, Table) using Azure-based Power BI (all devices)
Expert knowledge connecting Microsoft Azure-based Power BI to various data sources
Expert creating different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps, Scatter, Bullets, Heat Maps, Tree maps, etc.
In-depth experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Suite (Microsoft SSAS, SSIS,SSRS) and Power BI
Knowledge on SQL Server 2012 or advanced versions; SQL Server 2016 is most preferable.
Knowledge on Azure
Experience in Custom Visuals and Groups usage
Prior consulting experience preferred
Experience in developing on an Agile basis and Agile fundamentals
Knowledge of DevOps
Exposure to creating custom visualizations
Experienced in creating DAX expressions
Exposure to setting up and configuring Power BI related Gateways and related data connections
Experience in generating Drill through and Drill down reports with drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Power BI.
Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014/2016
The primary responsibility of the Power BI Developer is to coordinate and drive select development activities within the development team.
Key activities for this position can include:
1. For assigned projects, coordinate the design of the data warehouse or mart schema and related data movement architecture
2. Produce the logical data models for the databases. Lead data model reviews, walkthroughs, application and module performance analyses for BI team members.
3. Evaluate requirements for their relevancy to and impact on existing models and reference architecture
4. Create and develop Power BI visuals and data models as required.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. 4+ years of experience in project related work (systems analysis, systems development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
3. 2 + years of project management experience required
4. 3-5 years of data warehousing/business intelligence implementation and operations experience (cloud preferred)
5. Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
You assign, coordinate, and review work and activities of programming personnel. Collaborate with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods. Supervise, train, mentor junior level programmers in programming and program coding. Represent team in project meetings. Work with business and functional analysts, and software & solution architects in ensuring that programs and systems function as intended Supervise, mentor and manage large teams of programmers in one or more projects. Represent project teams in project/program meetings or in meetings with sponsor.
• Qualifications: 6-12 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Must have experience in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Responsibilities:As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law