030506-Senior Network Engineer
1. Conducts short- and long-term planning to meet network requirements with a deep technical understanding of network infrastructure.
2. Performs hands-on implementation of Cisco routers and switches, specifically Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 2000, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3850, 3750, 3650 series switches, Cisco 3900, 2900 and ASR routers.
3. Strong working familiarity with Cisco IOS with hands-on experience configuring Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
4. Some experience with Cisco Intercloud design and implementations.
5. Provides support for network connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
6. Plans and actively oversees the installation of network systems.
7. Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network problems.
8. Researches, analyzes and recommends the implementation of software or hardware changes to rectify any network deficiencies or to enhance network performance.
9. Ensures planned testing activities are performed and technical criteria are met.
10. Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
11. Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services, including: firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, TACACS+, VPN.
12. Understanding of PCI and security best practices
13. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and vendors.
14. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
15. Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
The position requires the ability to participate in a 7x24 on-call support rotation and ability to travel 35% of the time; a portion of travel will be outside of the U.S., including deployments, requiring proper documentation for international travel.
The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills plus solid organization, presentation and documentation abilities, including Visio diagrams, “as-built” documentation. An understanding of project management methodologies and tools is preferred. Creativity and innovative thinking to find solutions to complex problems that can balance short and long-term objectives is a requirement.
Reports to the Manager Network Engineering
Education: A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or information systems related discipline is required;
Experience: The position requires a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience monitoring and supporting a mixed, complex environment consisting of Cisco Network devices, Cisco, Palo Alto and/or Juniper firewalls, Cisco Wireless networks, Riverbed Steelhead and Cisco Prime.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Advanced Cisco certifications such as CCNP, CCDP, CCIE are strongly preferred.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law