Location: Prefer Chicago, New York, Dallas or Atlanta
Reporting to: Strategic Marketing Leader, Industry Marketing, North America
As a Strategic Marketer, you are a business leader and advisor first and foremost; a strong storyteller and savvy digital marketer with good industry expertise as a foundation. Your role is to take a customer-first, industry-centric, content-rich campaign approach with our activities in the market to elevate our brand and lead in your target vertical segment.
Success in the role requires:
• A leader who will build trust as an advisor to the business, challenge the status quo, and prioritize programs based on strategic impact to the business
• A strong analytical mind in architecting a measureable, outcome-based marketing program
• A savvy networker and collaborator with the ability to earn credibility and influence among a complex group of stakeholders
• A resourceful marketing professional who can navigate a network of innovative suppliers and agencies to develop programs with a rich mix of marketing strategies
• An inspiring leadership approach and work ethic that builds and excites team members (in a virtual team environment) and drives growth collectively
• An appetite to know everything about your industry’s and customers’ challenges and opportunities with the ability to translate that knowledge into insightful, thought leadership-driven outreach to prospective and current customers
• A sharp understanding of the competitive landscape in the markets where Capgemini focuses with the ability to identify areas of opportunities for growth
• An ability to direct the creation of compelling content and help tell rich, voice-of-customer stories in the market to represent
• A quick-thinker, agile, innovative, creative—both a 30,000-feet visionary and the on-the-ground executor in a fast-paced environment
As a key member of the North America Marketing & Communications team, the marketer will work with the sector business team to develop a marketing strategy, define the target audience and develop an execution plan to increase awareness, reputation and consideration for Capgemini’s services and solutions for the industry. Across the US and Canada, the markets we compete in demonstrate huge growth potential, strong competitors, a vibrant partner ecosystem and one in which Capgemini has made strategic investments. Additionally, the marketer is accountable for campaign execution, sales-marketing integration, and industry marketing engines and must hold high standards in operational marketing excellence.
• Develop marketing strategy and niche programs that bring key line of business solutions to market and establish the Capgemini brand as an essential, respected technology and business partner for companies.
• Define a marketing strategy that opens up net new revenue streams and/or creates velocity on existing pipeline. Create a targeting strategy for top accounts and manage the marketing pipeline that aligns effectively to sales strategies and growth targets.
• Create a view of competitive white space to inform a targeted marketing strategy; leveraging analytic tools and industry data. Launch programs or offers that convert whitespace to interest and close.
• Concept initiatives targeting top accounts to increase awareness for cross- and upsell opportunities and to accelerate purchase.
Marketing Campaign Execution:
• Create industry relevant campaigns that generate conversations with buyers and influencers that support the overall business strategy and meet key marketing objectives (awareness, interest, purchase, and advocacy).
• Deliver fully integrated marketing campaigns leveraging a mix of tactics such as direct marketing, industry events, executive conferences, immersive customer experiences, social and press/analyst relations.
• Amplify ongoing customer and peer success through the identification, development and publication of voice-of-customer references and stories. Responsible for influencing overall media strategy and analyst relationships.
• Identify business opportunities via campaigns with and through partner marketing aligned to key priority campaigns.
• Execute customer-centric campaigns tailored uniquely to a target audience segment, such as a microsegment of the industry or a single account (ABM)
Marketing Insights & Operational Excellence:
• Apply strong, integrated marketing and communications management skills such as insights-driven strategies and execution and effective vendor/agency management.
• Develop and nurture strong sales-team partnerships with local and global marketing team integration.
• Provide regular analysis of the output of marketing campaigns, ROI analysis, FY goals and sales targets.
• Identification of industry trends and associated sales opportunities through gap analysis.
• Solid budget management, forecasting, and compliance.
This role requires strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization including senior leadership, third-party industry strategy groups and associations, senior partner executives, press and analysts. You need to be decisive, resourceful, detail- and results-oriented; be innovative in your marketing approach while at the same time disciplined about measuring impact and effectiveness.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Possess strong communication skills (written, verbal, analytical)
• Highly collaborative, proactive and innovative in the way of working
• At least 10 years of senior-level marketing experience including campaign and budget management; IT/Consulting or Services marketing preferred
• Good working knowledge in a target industry vertical preferred (Consumer Products & Retail, Manufacturing, Automotive & Life Sciences, Energy & Utilities, Public Sector, Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment, Natural Resources)
• BA/BS degree is required; MBA preferred
• Ability to travel 30% of the time
Capgemini is a vibrant, multi-cultural, global organization with a diverse community of 190,000 employees worldwide in 44 countries. Our 50-year legacy began with roots as a start-up company in France, evolving into the global leader in digital transformation that we are today.
We are entrepreneurial at heart and invest in key partnerships (like our research with MIT) and acquisitions (such as Fahrenheit 212 and Idean) that bring the best talent and thought leadership to address our client’s biggest challenges (and turn them into their biggest opportunities).
Our core values are more than words on a website. Our people embody these 7 values (honesty, fun, boldness, modesty, team spirit, freedom, trust) in how we serve our clients and in how we support one another and our local communities.
We aim to serve the communities in which we live and operate and believe that our corporate responsibility and sustainability initiatives will add value across these communities as well as our clients, employees, shareholders and partners.
Our global marketing organization is no different. We have passion for tackling challenges and celebrating our achievements. We encourage our teams to be bold, have fun, embrace our diversity, and build careers and connections in a fast-paced and collaborative community.
• Experience translating business strategies into accountable priorities for the team
• Demonstrated successful managing of individuals or team to achieve goals while maintaining individual or team satisfaction
• Demonstrated experience counseling or mentoring individuals to enable them to meet personal goals while simultaneously meeting organizational needs
• Proven experience successfully defining and leading at least one large complex project to achieve functional area goals