030290-Test Analyst - SDET Test Analyst
• Minimum of 5 years work experience as a developer is desirable, preferably in the wireless industry
• Minimum 2 years professional experience using CA Lisa, Service Virtualization or equivalent
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to decompose complex problems and perform root cause analyses
• Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
• Confidence and ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members
• Hands-on experience with test automation tools such as [Selenium, TestNG, Appium, Sauce Lavbs, Rest Assured, Postman, Cucumber, Jasmin, Protractor] or other test frameworks
• Minimum 2 years professional experience with various testing methodologies and strategies: Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc…
• Minimum 1 years professional experience using issue-tracking software and agile project management systems.
• Has had agile development experience preferably in a CI/CT or DevOps environment..
• Specific work experience/skills required for each individual position to be updated by the hiring manager as these will vary depending upon whether the position develops user interfaces, middle tier and/or interfaces, database, business intelligence, or packaged applications like Siebel or Rightpoint.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law