030267-Enterprise Architect-Wintel at Chicago,IL
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ø Must have a thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software, Linux and Unix is a plus.
Ø Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
Ø Deep understanding of TCP, IP and other network protocols. Familiarity with DNS, DHCP and other network services.
Ø Knowledge of disc storage Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certifications inWindows 2008 or Windows2012.
Ø Knowledge of managing a data center in terms of systems monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
Ø Strong ability to communicate well in English orally and in writing.
Ø Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks and keep abreast of the latest technology.
Ø Capability to work with people in different time zones.
· Responsible for complete infrastructure design, systems analysis, security, data center operation, network & voice communication.
· Acts as expert for infrastructure teams in the plan, design, and delivery of IT solutions.
· Advises teams of IT technology standard requirements, methodology and processes.
· Drives short & long term architecture strategy for the overall IT project portfolio for key business segments.
· Participates in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy.
· Communicates and validates program architecture with infrastructure team, project
· Management team, and technology services management team.
· Conducts end-to-end technical plan design.
· Develops long-term strategy for historical data retention and archival plan for storage needs.
· Defines data retention, backup, and recovery methods and plans.
· Develops enterprise standards to ensure compatibility and integration of multi-vendor platforms.
· Design and develop infrastructure blueprints for the implementation of new solutions.
· Responsible for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
· Develops specifications for interfaces from existing to new systems.
· Maintain a common documentation library of standardized procedures and configurations
· Provide third level support for incidents and problems in designated areas of expertise.
· Communicate and collaborate with local IT staff as well as colleagues in other parts of the world for configuration, troubleshooting.
· Required Education
Ø Required at least Bachelor's degree, master is a plus.
· Required Experience
Ø 10+ years’ experience in a production IT environment managing enterprise IT infrastructure(Wintel)
Ø Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
Ø Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
Enterprise Architects define and ensure a comprehensive and coherent view across Business, Information, Systems and Technology. They go beyond designing IT systems to deliver business change, which may also be supported and enabled by IT. Enterprise Architects define services from a business perspective, both with and without automation. They make an initial grouping of services in components, using principles based on objectives and constraints. They have deep business and industry expertise, are familiar with industry standards, and can work at the boardroom and senior management level.
Required Skills and Experience:
You work with clients to build a holistic view of the strategy, processes, information and information technology assets for their organization. You lead enterprise solutions for a complete project or lead team(s) across multiple projects. You lead the integration of project solutions and technical governance.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Technical certification e.g. Cisco, VMWare; or achieved professional certification TOGAF 9 level; or has / seeking IAF level 1.
• Should have experience in Functional Architecture Design and Architecture Knowledge, Negotiating, Financial Analysis and Continuous (Service) Improvement.
• Should be proficient in Business Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Change Management.
• Should have progressing knowledge in Business Analysis.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law