030039-Data Analyst Lead -BI Architect - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Architect - BI Applications -- This position designs and builds customer web content management, collaboration and business process solutions as well as BI applications/reports using SharePoint and other BI Tools.
Also leads BI development teams during project development and provides training and mentoring to other Client team members for the given BI application.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
- Works closely with business analysts, systems users and other IT Architects to understand and define system and business requirements.
- Works with business and IT technical areas to develop and provide SharePoint solutions as well as BI reports, scorecards and executive level dashboards through front-end BI distribution channels.
- Performs testing and prototyping of SharePoint and BI Tool solutions.
- Assists BI/EDW team with defining standards and implementation of best practices.
- Supports and troubleshoots SharePoint and production BI applications as required including optimizing performance, resolving production problems and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Uses Client project methodology where appropriate. Contributes to the project planning process by estimating tasks and deliverables.
- Educates, trains, coaches and mentors team members on SharePoint and BI solutions and data related issues.
- Provides support and administration for SharePoint and other enterprise BI tools and reporting platforms.
- Provides off-hours support.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline and 5 years of equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- 5+ of experience in BI systems/tools development and programming.
- SharePoint administration experience strongly preferred.
- Strong SharePoint solution design and development skills, web part customization as well as experience with SharePoint Designer required.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong ASP.Net, VB.Net and C# development skills required.
- Knowledge of XML, Ajax, and CSS required.
- Excel-VBA, Reporting Services, and Analytic Services knowledge helpful.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Mastery of other Client Enterprise Business Intelligence tool e.g. MicroStrategy, Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services, BI-Query, Teradata SQL Assistant, SAS, SPSS preferred.
- Relational-database knowledge (RDBMS), including data warehousing Teradata preferred).
- Dimensional data modeling (logical and physical) knowledge helpful.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Scope of Position:
- Corporate-wide scope.
- Impact to company’s financial success, growth and reputation.
- Corporate office environment with majority of time spent at desk location and in meetings.
- Some travel to stores, DFs, corporate offices, vendor sites and/or training seminars/conferences with infrequent overnight travel may be required.
- Periodically on-call outside of normal work hours to provide support by either working from home or on-site.
- May be required to be available via electronic pager.
- May be required to provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency which requires activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plans.
(Includes Data Modeler, Data Miner.) Responsible for importing, cleaning, transforming, validating and modeling data with the purpose of understanding and drawing conclusions from data (may be presented in charts, graphs, and/or tables). Also, design and develop relational databases for collecting and storing data and build and design data input and data collection mechanisms.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are responsible for data related activities such as data extraction, profiling, cleansing, de-duplication, standardization, conversion, transformation and loading, data mining, warehousing, archiving and reporting. Responsible for all activities required to ensure optimum performance and data integrity of databases in production environments, in line with the requirements. Responsible for server based databases in development and test environments including database software installation, database creation, performance and capacity design, backup and recovery design, security design.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law