029965-Senior Applications Consultant - Data Lead
Senior Applications Consultant - Data Lead
This position leads the overall approach to data migration for the project. The candidate MUST possess strong leadership skills, and not simply be an administrator or manager. Business acumen is also a MUST versus possessing only technical skills. The Data lead defines the overall data migration strategy, and specific strategy and approach for all data load events in scope. They lead the resources (client and consulting) responsible for extracting data, transforming data and loading data into the new systems. The Data lead reports results, and defect resolution. The position requires a combination of soft leadership skills, project management acumen, Industry and functional knowledge, as well as technical knowledge.
• Prior ERP implementation and Industry (aligned with the specific project) experience in a data lead role
• Applicable functional knowledge, and the ability to understand data strategy (manual vs. automated, methods, tools, scope, adequately load data to the end to end solution.
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, especially Executive communication, but also to individual client, consulting, subcontractor team members
• Understanding of IT processes for software configuration, software development, software integration, infrastructure processes
• Ability to conduct impact analysis on medium complex problems, and recommend options/solutions
• Experience with all PM processes (project schedule, financial management, issue/risk management, resource management)
-Able to build and manage deliverables-based or iteration-based plans (i.e. Agile experience); independently and proactively manages risks, issues, status, and escalation
• A Leader, not an Administrator
• BS/BA Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Professional Certificates: PMI/PMP, Agile Leadership Network, Agile Alliance, SCRUM Alliance
• Negotiating skills across project teams and vendors; coaches others
• Demonstrated ability managing results, follow-through, managing schedule, resources, overcoming obstacles to achieve outcomes
• Ability to resolve team conflicts
• Skilled in matrix management
With their expertise in a specific technology environment, Applications Consultants are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE or ERP/SAP Level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
• Should have baseline skills in Financial Analysis.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law