029945-DBA Manager - DB2 DBA @ Cary,NC
· DB2 DBA on z/OS mainframes platform with strong JCLand REXX scripting skills.
· Should have 8+ years of work experience on DB2 database administration with skills on BMC tools like Change Manager , DASD manager , Catalog Manager , Mainview, Apptune , SQL explorer, SQL PA/Path checker , IBM APA experience .
· Should have good REXX skills and automation experience on mainframe platform.
· Should have good JCL and moderate COBOL language skills.
· Should be very strong on database trouble shooting and performance tuning skills.
· Should have worked on DB2 version 9 & 10
· Extensive technical knowledge of DB2 for z/OS including: backup, recovery,reorgs,universal table spaces,SPUFI, DB2 explains,LOBs,DDF, disaster recovery, partitioning / clustering,indexing, working with XML objects and maintenance on them
· Should have good communication and presentation skills
· Good to have IMS DBA skills
· Knowledge of how to support very large databases with heavy on-line and batch activities
· Manages researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• Technical and people management of technology domain.
• Should have 80% technical and 20% people management skills;
• This person will be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the respective technical domain and staffing of resources in her/his domain;
• Responsible for preparing Task Sheets/Checklist, Induction Manual, Guidelines and Standards. Generate MIS (Performance , ticket analysis) reports on periodic basis;
• Responsible for evaluating existing Technical Architecture and Design and Proposing Improvements.
• Technical root cause analysis;
• Execution of identified skills gap for the team members.
• Focus on cross trainings of resources within domain;
• Lead customer / front office meetings for technical and SLA related discussions
• Participate in MIRT and Outages as applicable;
• Complete ownership of SLAs for respective towers;
• Ownership of quality processes implementation, adherence and Audits for the domain;
• Succession planning, annual appraisals of team members;
• Support virtualized and Physical Systems Author IT policies, guidelines, standards and procedures for business continuity,
• Disaster recovery, high availability, systems security and systems management in a multiple production data center environment;
• Disaster Recovery Officer to facilitate smooth operations and act as a point of contact and escalation in the event of an actual Disaster;
• Lead the development of audit and security programs to expose existing security stance and produce repeatable processes;
• Development of Network Install Manager configurations to support an enterprise concept of support;
• May Lead a Systems center of Excellence panel to support IT and Enterprise Goals and provide forward looking process and designs to enhance systems and IT performance as a whole and present recommendations back to Leadership;
• Architect and implementation of virtualization methodologies.
• Develop automation around these methodologies;
• Develop a Configuration Management Database to give access to configuration data;
• Smart Grid implementation, installation and administration on systems;
• Change Management utilizing BMC Remedy and Tivoli Service Desk.
• Maintained ITIL centric infrastructure to facilitate SAS70, SOX and FDA regulatory compliance;
• Perform Security assessments of systems and system hardening of internal and DMZ systems;
• Provide Architectural Design support to multiple clients projects and to international business pursuits
• Provide international security audit and forensic response for clients;
• Lead a team of 5-15 Admin which are a mix of Employees and Contractors;
• Responsible to Architect projects when needed and for OS Architecture questions.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Relevant working experience of 10-12 years in Infrastructure Management
• Must have experience in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law