029916-Senior DBA 2 - REXX
Multiple Locations ; Cary, NC
· DB2 DBA on z/OS mainframes platform with strong JCLand REXX scripting skills.
· Should have 8+ years of work experience on DB2 database administration with skills on BMC tools like Change Manager
- DASD manager
- Catalog Manager
- SQL explorer
- SQL PA/Path checker
- IBM APA experience
· He/She should have good REXX skills and automation experience on mainframe platform.
· Should have good JCL and moderate COBOL language skills.
· Should be very strong on database trouble shooting and performance tuning skills.
· Should have worked on DB2 version 9 & 10
· Extensive technical knowledge of DB2 for z/OS including: backup, recovery,reorgs,universal table spaces,SPUFI, DB2 explains,LOBs,DDF, disaster recovery, partitioning / clustering,indexing, working with XML objects and maintenance on them
· Should have good communication and presentation skills
· Good to have IMS DBA skills
· Knowledge of how to support very large databases with heavy on-line and batch activities
· Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems
· Ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• To automate, administer, manage, run and make reliable, trustworthy and dependable the processing of production
• To integrate in production of the new application programs or data processing sequences
• To configure and parameterize the production equipments
• To automate the procedures of technical management and pattern matching of alarms
• To define and implement the procedures of recovery in the event of incident and of restoration of the data
• To define, implement and to follow the protection plan and the plans help
• To implement the standards, standards, rules and procedures of the field to be administer, manage, run and take care of their application program
• To prepare and upgrade the dashboards, the Handout, specification, instructions, information and the reference frames of production, to transfer knowledge
• To analyze, treat and capitalize the incidents of production of level 2
• To technically assist the administrator of application program and system Junior, the pilots of operations management and the wizards users
• To formalize the reports of incident and the action plans and to ensure the implementation of it
• To put in place, introduce, position rights to use and access, to maintain and put at day
• Optimize measuring instruments of performance and to produce them referrers
• To level the pieces of software and the products, to apply the patches
• To take part in the projects of change
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Relevant working experience of 7-8 years in Infrastructure Management
• Must have experience in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law