029848-Senior Network Engineer-VOIP Admin
Responsibilities include the engineering, design, installation, and on-going support of Cisco Unified Call Manager 10.5.x and Unity 10.5.x voicemail systems.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level implementation, maintenance and support of Client Group IP Telephony systems, along with performance tuning and capacity management across the enterprise.
- Overall experience of 9+ years
- BS/BA degree in Networking or Telecommunications, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience with IPT
- 1+ years experience with Cisco Call Manager, voice gateways, Unity Connection, Cisco Emergency Responder
- 1+ years experience with Cisco router and switch configurations to support VoIP telephony
- Basic understanding of QoS to support VoIP telephony
- Experience managing complex dial plans
- Experience with Oracle (Acme Packet) Session Border Controller highly desired, but not required
- Experience with Cisco Unified Contact Center and IVRs strongly desired, but not required
- Cisco certifications desired, but not required
- Proven ability to communicate professionally in a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law