029665-Senior DBA 1-Oracle DBA at Nashville,TN
Primary Skill: DBA4 Oracle
Enterprise Database Management is the CoE for database management.
This position provides senior level capabilities relative to database administration for the company.
The person filling this position must be able to:
· Develop operational policies, procedures, controls and standards
· Develop, implement and maintain automation efficiencies using scripting languages (PERL, Korn Shell) in a UNIX environment
· Develop and maintain implementation guides and maintenance processes and documentation
· Database software certifications, roadmap planning and maintenance management
· Perform database environment capacity planning and availability management
· Collaborate with partners to resolve company database policy compliance and vulnerability violations
· Provide 24x7 on-call support for complex production problems to include experience with escalation and communication of the problem to senior management
· Consult with and advise management on high impact database solutions and database management topics
· Consults with multiple groups in concert with senior level DBA and management oversight on initiatives that could have enterprise impact
· Participates in the planning, analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and control of the organization's server-class databases.
· Consults with and advises management and multiple clients on high impact data or database management issues with direct oversight from the senior DBA’s on the team.
Handles and participates in various medium to large scale or data/database management activities including one or more of the following:
o Designing simple to medium complexity logical and/or physical databases in Oracle
o Leading simple to medium complexity data modeling, mapping, integration, and capacity planning efforts;
o Developing procedures and standards
· 4+ year’s database design and administration experience
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
· 4+ years of experience with Linux, Solaris and other flavors of UNIX.
· 4+ years of experience with Oracle technologies (Oracle RAC, ASM, partitioning, security, performance tuning, memory management, SQL tuning, statistics gathering, Application audit logs, Scheduling, etc.
· 2+ years of experience in utilizing performance tuning tools like Explain plan, AWR, Grid control or similar technologies. Understand and interpret the reports generated from tools and resolve performance issues.
· 4+ years of experience in backup and recovery, application patching, cloning, maintenance and problem solving within the Oracle 11g and 12c environment.
· 4+ years of experience in leading and supporting upgrade activities within the Oracle 11g/12c environment.
· 4+ years of experience with Med (1TB) to Large (30 TB) sized databases
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, retain, and apply good interpersonal skills, and perform effectively under time pressure are critical skills required for this position
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Must be strong in analyzing how Oracle resources are being used during SQL executions.
· bility to write and maintain high quality documentation
· Proven ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
· 2+ years of experience with CA Unicenter Autosys
· 2+ years of experience with Golden Gate data or Shareplex replication
· 1+ years of experience with Transparent Data Encryption
· Unix scripting experience required
· Familiarity and experience operating in an enterprise environment using formal procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution.
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
• Remotely managed servers overseas, including
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration
o Application Software support;
o Security Management
o Back-up Services (monitoring only)
o Hardware Services (advisory)
• Developing and implementing service improvements
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals
• Monthly Reporting
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests; On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law