029663-Volume Management Systems at NYC
Primary Skill: VMS
Location : NYC
This position is within the Enterprise Computing department, part of a new team being created to focus on production-critical, home-grown application, VMS [Volume Management System]. VMS is a technology developed.
VMS runs on AFS [Andres File System] and used to manage and deploy volumes on distributed global systems.
Ideal candidate for this role must have strong technical and communication skills, a self-starter and highly organized.
The position would require working closely with internal clients and engineering teams to resolve and outages, schedule changes, perform hygiene work and optimize infrastructure and processes.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Good understanding and experience working with UNIX / Linux system and network fundamentals.
- Effective troubleshooting skills across all layers of the stack (application, OS, DB, network), including use of standard diagnostic tools
.- Ability to write robust and maintainable code in an object oriented scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Experience with database technologies and ability to write simple to intermediate queries.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and ability to coordinate cross discipline incident response teams
- Experience supporting a distributed application at global scale.
Following skills are nice to have:
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools.
- Experience of working in a highly automated and/or DevOps environment.
- Experience of using Git for source code management
- Ability to write clear and detailed technical documentation.
Involves researching, developing, innovating and delivering effective and consistent solutions to support the infrastructure systems ensuring the application of current and emerging technologies.
Day to Day responsibilities:
• System Monitoring;
• Installation Services and Management;
• OS administration; User Administration;
• Application Software support;
• Facilities Management;
• Security Services; Back-up Services;
• Hardware services/management;
• Documentation/Regulatory requirements;
Remotely managed servers overseas, including:
o System Monitoring;
o OS administration; User administration;
o Application Software support;
o Security Management;
o Back-up Services (monitoring only);
o Hardware Services (advisory).
• Developing and implementing service improvements;
• Attending with Active ownership of DR rehearsals;
• Monthly Reporting;
• Designing and implementing Ad-hoc project work requests;
• On-call cover and out of hours support.
• Qualification: Engineering or equivalent degree
• Should be proficient in Technology Solution Design
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law