029536-Software Engineer Lead - Environment Engineer
The Lab Management Team manages a number of projects and ongoing support activities to foster a “world class” lab environment for various testing teams.
The goal is to ensure 100% lab uptime via swift issue remediation, whether it be software or hardware related.
The ideal candidate will be part of a four person onsite cross-functional team and is responsible for the activities listed below.
• Ability to effectively setup, relocate, and maintain hardware within a physical lab
• POS, KVS, back office servers, network switches and cabling, printers, monitors, cash drawers, coin changers and kiosks.
• Ability to effectively install, maintain, and troubleshoot NP6 software releases, patches, and configurations on various devices.
• Ability to accurately identify, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues independently.
• Self-motivated, self-learning, and resourceful, who leverages available SME’s and resources when solving issues prior to escalation.
• Pays attention to detail and can accurately and concisely document activities and issues. Includes follow-up on issue resolution.
• Maintains up-to-date awareness of QA and Hardware / testing standards, guidelines, industry trends, etc.
• Follows and executes plans within Lab Management improvement initiatives.
• Adheres to the appropriate project management disciplines.
• Identifies opportunities to improve the Lab Management process, including increasing cost-effectiveness.
• Technical knowledge and strong understanding of Microsoft Windows XP embedded, POSReady 7, Server 2003/2008/2013.
• Includes system file structure, registry, services, error reporting, and Hyper-V configuration
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP and ability to configure networking settings.
• Strong and confident verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to quickly summarize results and issues.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Technical knowledge and strong understanding of NP6 software is preferred.
• Includes workflows, localization, RFM, system file structure, services, error reporting, and configuration.
• Positive attitude, collaborative team player, and ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced and regularly changing environment.
Local candidates required.
A Software Engineer designs, develops or maintains the physical application (components) or the application environment, based on the Software Architecture (models and principles).
Activities include coding, integrating, implementing, installing or changing frameworks and standard components, or technical and functional application management.
A Software Engineer also develops languages, methods, frameworks and tools, and/or undertakes activities in support of server-based databases in development, test and production environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an experienced Software Engineer.
You have received training and mastered at least one technology environment.
You are good at elaborating technology areas and have an ability to position them within the scope of an overall project.
You are a member of at least one community.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have or seeking SE Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law