029400-Test Analyst- Defect Manager
• Sets the defect management process
• Controls the defect management tool
• Define defect triage process and run the meeting
• Customize the Defect reporting mechanism required for the proposed engagement
• Identify the suitability and usage of tools and establish centralized defect reporting System
• Baseline Defect Reporting and Resolution Process, Defect Reporting templates
• Establish the Defect Classification Parameters like Severity, Priority etc.
• Establish standards around defect turnaround time
• Train and Institutionalize Defect Management and Resolution Process
• Defect logging and Defect Tracking through the various stages of Defect Life Cycle
• Defect Analysis and mapping to test suite & requirements
• Retest, Regression, Verification and Closure
• Provide inputs to the entry-exit criteria for the test phases defined
• Metrics and Analysis
• Causal Analysis and Defect Prevention Recommendations
• Defect Reporting and Product Quality Assessment
• Coordinate with various team to ensure to resolve defects on time
Specification / Skills / Experience:
• Strong communicator and able to communicate effectively with business personnel – Critical
• Extensive experience with test management and defect management tools
• Experience of UAT, SIT, NFT, OAT and DR type test phases and the defects that arise from them. – Mandatory
• Good ability in engaging stakeholders to provide the required level of participation in resolving a defect.
• Show clear leadership and influencing qualities to ensure defects are fixed in a timely manner by the respective teams
• Communicate effectively with test management in a timely manner
• Ability to prioritize issues taking into account the impact, severity and the test schedule
• Ability to challenge stakeholders on fix timelines to avoid any slippage of baseline schedules
• Ability to liaise with onshore or offshore teams effectively
*Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Chicago, IL.
Test Consultants are concerned with the independent verification and validation of the products produced by the development process. Testing is carried out in each phase: the requirements are tested by an acceptance test, the system design (analysis and design) by a system and integration test, and the programs by a program and module test
Required Skills and Experience:
You are learning and developing the knowledge, technical skills and core consulting behaviors required to succeed in Application Services. You are responsible under general supervision for the definition and execution of test scripts and accurate reporting of results, to ensure that the delivered solution meets specification. You develop competence in specific areas of testing through training, development and experience. You demonstrate flexibility and versatility in meeting objectives and should be able to manage your workload and update management on task progress.
• Qualification: Minimum 3 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Should have baseline skills in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Testing Lifecycle, Testing Expertise, Testing Techniques, Testing Management, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Quality Management.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law