029217-Senior Applications Consultant - ServiceMax Developer / SME
About The Opportunity
The Systems Architect is responsible for designing and documenting technical infrastructure solutions that fit within our short and long term roadmaps. Focus is on highly available web applications throughout the globe including input on performance, disaster recovery, security, supportability, and automation for both physical and cloud deployments.
• Technical lead on assigned projects working with other Subject Matter Experts (SME) to achieve an agreed upon technical designs that meet project criteria
• Tracking and reporting on project tasks, milestones, and roadblocks. Interface with Project Management Office (PMO) as required
• Document designs and ensure Operations teams have adequate training to support end product
• Research and report to leadership new technologies
• Act as technical escalation point for 24x7x365 Operations teams in need of routine/emergency SME assistance
• Proactively identify design/procedure improvements and redesign as appropriate.
• Ensure that discrepancies, failures, concerns are investigated/resolved in a timely manner
• Participation in on-call rotations as needed.
• 8+ years of experience supporting a Salesforce/ServiceMax application in an enterprise environment
• 2+ years in a System Architect or equivalent engineering title
• Must have a B.S. or a B.A. college degree or commensurate work experience
• Prior exposure to a hosted application environment
• Experience or understanding of large scale enterprise systems (network, systems, storage, security)
• Experience with cloud vendor (Salesforce and/or ServiceMax preferred)
• Experience designing large scale user stores/authentication
• Experience supporting SAP and Salesforce applications to include troubleshooting, performance metrics & monitoring as well as familiarity with code deployments
• Experience in a global 24/7/365, multi-tiered production environment
• Excellent systems/network troubleshooting skills and ability to diagnose complex problems.
• Extensive experience supporting web-based and database centric applications
• Experience with highly available technologies
• Knowledge of enterprise application technologies and architecture
• Experience with network devices and protocols
• Ability to take ownership of an issue, problem, or project and see it through to completion
• Ability to design and implement solutions with sensitivity toward project timelines and budgets
• Necessary skills include flexibility, ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to handle multiple tasks through prioritization and time management skills, excellent communication, exceptional collaboration and organizational skills
With their expertise in a specific technology environment, Applications Consultants are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE). These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design. Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications. You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing. You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience. You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE or ERP/SAP Level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
• Should have baseline skills in Financial Analysis.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law