029151-Senior Applications Consultant - BCS SME
SAP Business Consolidation System (BCS) Subject Matter Expert
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SAP BCS role is one in which the candidate has an in-depth understanding of group closing and consolidation processes in combination with related application knowledge of SAP BCS.
This position requires close working relations with the overall project team and business stakeholders.
Primary responsibilities include assisting the overall project team in migration of a current BCS implementation into Oracle Financial Close and Consolidation Cloud Services (FCCCS).
This will include existing architecture and design analysis, knowledge transfer of configuration settings specification, current business process flow thru BCS, and understanding and recommending ways to accomplish the BCS functionality inside of FCCS in conjunction with the FCCS Design Architect.
Requisites and Qualifications:
• 12 years experience working with BCS
• 5 years consulting on BCS
• Extensive knowledge and experience working in an SAP BI environment
• Knowledge and experience of SAP Disclosure Management or equivalent product (client/server-based solution)
• Knowledge of the SAP Reporting Tool Suite
• In-depth knowledge to navigate in SAP environments (includes log reporting, jobs, transports, OSS notes)
• Understanding of service management oriented models and frameworks (such as ITIL)
• Understanding of architectural frameworks (SAP Reference Architectures)
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
• Fluent in English (written and spoken); able to lead meetings and conferences and to compose reports and technical/functional documentation
• Other languages beneficial (Hindi preferred)
• Experienced in developing and maintaining a trusted and effective working relationship with stakeholders in an international / virtual environment
• Experienced in introducing and maintaining technology platforms within a global organization
• Excellent, proven analytical skills
• Highly service / customer oriented as well as result-driven thinking
• Willing to build up new skills and share knowledge across teams
• Able to delegate work and to enable/empower peers
• Ability to efficiently assess the quality of deliverables provided by peers and to provide adequate feedback
• Capable to act within structured processes and workflows, escalating deviations and issues as per definition
• A solid understanding of managing risks, issues and changes in a project environment
With their expertise in a specific technology environment, Applications Consultants are responsible for software-specific design and realization, as well as testing, deployment and release management, or technical and functional application management of client-specific package based solutions (e.g. SAP, ORACLE).
These roles also require functional and methodological capabilities in testing and training.
Required Skills and Experience:
You are an expert in one or more business processes and technology practices and are accountable for translating a business case into a detailed technical design.
Alternatively, you are responsible for operational and technical issues and translate technical blueprints into requirements and specifications.
You may also be responsible for integration testing and user acceptance testing.
You act as a stream lead, guiding team members by experience.
You are seen as active member within technology communities.
• Qualification: Minimum 5 years experience, Bachelor’s Degree.
• Certification: Should have SE or ERP/SAP Level 1 and seeking level 2.
• Must have experience in Package Configuration.
• Should be proficient in Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Architecture Knowledge, Technical Solution Design and Vendor Management.
• Should have baseline skills in Financial Analysis.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law