028989-Programmer/Developer Lead -Java
Programmer/Developer - Java:
This position provides technical expertise in developing and supporting programs and packages, and interfaces with IT Business Relations on customer requirements. Responsible for application coding and testing, production support and maintenance of the application, and works with the team on system performance optimization and interoperability issues. This position works closely with analysts to create desired solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
- Codes, tests, and implements programs and packages. Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards including the Client Methodology.
- Supports and troubleshoots production systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving production problems, and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Runs system tests, monitors test results and takes required corrective action.
- Generally interfaces with Business Relations on requirements for projects, but may interface with customers to determine fixes on small projects.
- Engages in systems development and monitoring.
- Understands and practices secure coding techniques and processes.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education: - Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required
- Up to 2 years of experience in systems development and programming
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of extract tools, coding languages, SQL and testing.
- Knowledge of database management and file access methods is desirable.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain an acceptable level of customer trust and confidence
Scope of Position:
- Corporate-wide scope.
- Impact to company’s financial success, growth and reputation
- Corporate office environment with majority of time spent at desk location and in meetings.
- Some travel to stores, DFs, corporate offices, vendor sites and/or training seminars with infrequent overnight travel may be required.
- On call periodically outside of normal work hours to provide support by either working from home or on-site.
- May be required to be available via electronic pager.
- May be required to provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency which requires activation of all or part of the Business Continuity plans.
Responsible for programming and software development using various programming languages and related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems. Experienced programmers are also responsible for interpreting architecture and design, code reviews, mentoring, guiding and monitoring programmers, ensuring adherence to programming and documentation policies, software development, testing and release.
Required Skills and Experience:
Write software programs using specific programming languages/platforms such as Java or MS .NET, and related tools, platform and environment. Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs, such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment. Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements. Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic. Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end users. Correct errors by making appropriate changes and then rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced. Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct. Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program. Investigate whether networks, workstations, the central processing unit of the system, and/or peripheral equipment are responding to a program's instructions. Prepare detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language. Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer. Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs. Perform unit testing Assist in system and user testing Fix errors and bugs that are identified in the course of testing.
• Qualifications: 3-9 years experience; Bachelor’s degree
• Should be proficient in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
• Should have progressing skills on Business Analysis, Business Knowledge, Software Engineering Leadership, Architecture Knowledge and Technical Solution Design.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis Solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law