028875-Change Management and Communications Associate
This is an exciting opportunity at a global company for a strong team player with excellent change management and communications skills, who can speak and write at a professional business level in Spanish and English.
The Change Management and Communications Associate delivers change management and communications services for IT initiatives and projects.
The associate reports to the IT Americas OCM & Communications Lead.
The Change Management and Communications Associate focuses on the people side of change.
The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management plans that optimize employee adoption, stakeholder engagement, and measureable results, including the development and distribution of communications and content through multiple channels.
We have a fun, smart team and we’re looking for an individual who loves to collaborate and build relationships and who can take initiative to get results.
This role will involve some domestic and international travel for business meetings.
Work from home flexibility is a possibility for the right individual
- Develops and delivers Change Management and Communications plans including content development, communications planning, stakeholder management, review/approval process mapping, current/future state change impacts, and evaluation measurements
- Applies change management processes to create strategies in support of adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Builds relationships with team members and stakeholders to facilitate engagement at all stages of change management planning and communications management
- Takes initiative to make recommendations to stakeholders related to change management and communications planning and content
- Translates and develops content in both Spanish and English
- Develops content including email communications, user guides, video scripts, intranet pages, presentations, newsletters, surveys, new hire/onboarding materials and more
- Manages the distribution of communications and content through channels including email, intranet sites, awareness/training sessions, Outlook, and other channels as needed
- Manages inboxes and distribution lists for internal teams and for specified business audiences
- Delivers onboarding sessions to new hires specific to IT processes and information
- Manages other responsibilities and tasks as needed to meet the needs of the OCM and Communications team
- Spanish/English Bilingual
- Writing at a professional business standard in both Spanish and English (writing samples required)
- Must be located in or willing to relocate to Chicago
- Change management / communications experience
- Exceptional team building and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to take initiative and work independently
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally for business meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- IT experience
- Familiarity with Portuguese
- Master’s degree
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Candidates in additional locations are welcome to apply.
- Relocation to Chicago required.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law