028775-Project Manager - Release Delivery Manager
Release Delivery Managers Responsibilities:
• Candidate with 4-6 years of industrial experience, in application management, Project Manager experience, project coordinator
• Facilitate discussions with Development, Test and Application Support to validate project/release scope
• Build Short interval schedules for each of the applications or application families that are making changes on NOD. The schedule includes all the steps that must be executed during the deployment window, dependencies, contact information for the Development, Test and Application Support resources involved in the deployment
• Document deployment timelines with clear understanding of applications that will be taking an outage
• Support pre-deployment/staging activities as required prior to the release
• Submit Release Plan updates, Attend Release Change Board Friday prior to the release
• Participate in release lessons learned meetings
• Participate in the hourly mock deployment meetings
• Capture/Publish meeting notes from the Weekly Team Touchpoint meetings
• Run the Night of deployment bridges, Log/Update issues and update deployment status
• Resolve all critical and high issues during the deployment window prior to handing back the applications to the business
• Offer solutions and improvements to the release management function
• Partner with development, test and any other areas needed to deploy the release
Project Managers take full responsibility for managing a project or program.
They normally manage a number of related streams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction.
Project Managers are responsible for the project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
A Project Manager usually has technical expertise in one or more other domains (e.g. a Project Manager with testing skills could perform a test manager function).
Required Skills and Experience:
You ensure that client needs are satisfied through the formulation, development, implementation and delivery of application solutions in response to client requirements, expressed in approved service requests.
You are responsible for the overall project plan, budget, structure, schedule and staffing requirements for the delivery organization.
You ensure that the project meets its deliverables in an agreed schedule, according to the scope, within stipulated budget, and to quality standards.
• Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
• Certification: Should have EM Level 1.
• Should be proficient in Negotiating, Vendor Management, Financial Reporting, Risk Management and Problem Diagnosis and Solution.
• Should have progressing skills in Financial Analysis, Change Management and Quality Management.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law