028717 - Java Architect (Orlando, FL)
The J2EE Solution Architect will be responsible for the realization of detailed design and implement architectural strategies for the application, guides development teams with technical implementation details surrounding
Program level technology architecture for our client.
The Solution Architect will partner with business stakeholders and solutioning team, as well as external vendors and consulting partners, to help determine best-in-class enterprise implementation in accordance with client’s application development and operations standards.
The role will be based in Orlando, FL.
No travel required.
Job responsibilities will include below:
• Be a Subject matter Expert in architecting solutions using J2EE technologies to solve common problems related to multiple modules of the overall solution. (Ex: Application Security, centralized logging, messaging, REST, SOA).
• Work with other client technology teams and partners to identify and support cross-business and cross-functional opportunities for collaboration, standardization and reuse of enterprise technologies.
• Should be able to evaluate new products using execution model for proof of concepts and evaluate the product feasibility for the program.
• Should have ability to present to executives architecture concepts and design decisions at right level.
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality in matters that require discretion.
• Facilitate sessions with various developers and provide application level architecture direction.
• Promote continuous integration and unit testing to all module teams.
• Need to be hand-on in anticipating performance issues and guide both on-shore and off-shore teams with best coding practices.
• Need to be hands on in identifying performance bottlenecks and help team to produce better code artifacts.
• Understands high availability needs and come up with tactical and strategic solutions to meet high availability needs.
• Perform other job-related duties as necessary.
The individual should have demonstrated as a Senior Architect in J2EE space for past 3 years.
The individual has to be a Subject Matter Expert in one or many of these technologies.
• Bachelor degree in computer science or related fields.
• 10+ years of J2EE programming experience
• 3+ years of experience in architecting J2EE applications
• Experience in Event Driven Architecture
• Experience with RESTful Webservices and SOA
• Experience in designing solutions using in industry standard open source frameworks, such as Spring framework, Hibernate, Logging Frameworks, Object caching, integration patterns.
• Experience in core java development using concurrent threading model, JVM tuning, GC management.
• Experience in Database SQL tuning, non-SQL DB is a plus.
• Expertise in one or more of the J2EE containers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic)
• Must have work as architect for high volume high throughput applications in the past.
• Should have excellent presentation skills and ability to express conceptual and physical architecture to directors and other key strategic partners.
• Experience in ‘Media and Entertainment’ industry desirable.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law