028691-Global Account Controller
• Responsible for Profit & Loss budgets, monthly Forecast/Close processes, and Quarterly Business reviews for the business unit.
• Member of the Account management team and business partner to drive profitable growth.
• Manage a team an account team of Financial, Billing, and Account Receivable Analysts in North America and India.
• Participate in Deal reviews, support commercial negotiations, guide deal financials and cash structures.
• Account Cash management.
• Develop and Drive profit and cost improvement plans with the Account Leadership.
• Responsible for implementing North America policies and internal control within the Account.
• Finance lead for contact with BU Operations, Resource Management Group, HR, Recruitment and Delivery. Experience Requirements
• Finance controlling experience of 10 years + (preferably in the Information Technology sector or Services sector)
• Preferred one or more of the following: CPA / MBA / Masters in Finance
• Eligible and able to travel within North America
• Prior hands-on experience working with financial systems and Microsoft products (Outlook, Excel, Power point)
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expertise in the functional area
- Experience maintaining relationships with individuals in other functional areas
- Demonstrated experience successfully lead at least one project that impacted multiple functional areas
- Experience successfully leading teams on multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017.
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion (about $13.8 billion USD at 2016 average rate).
Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness.
A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position.
Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed.
Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
As part of the Capgemini Technology Services Group, this person will be responsible for the full systems lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of data analysis solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction.
This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies for each client.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law